SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now then people..

As some might have noticed I am thinking of getting the GFB Hybrid BOV to go on my non chipped Ibiza Cupra.

I understand that these DV's do not work very well (if at all) on chipped motors, however, mine isn't chipped so I am under the impression that it should work fine *touches wood*.

I am looking at importing one from the distributer in OZ that is recommended from the GFB website. Works out at around £129 including shipping, so not too bad.
The company offers options on the sizes of connectors that are required for the vacuum hose, and so...

I wondered can anyone let me know what the standard size of the vacuum hose is on the Cupra, as I do NOT wish to repalce the existing hose and was hoping that it will be the correct size to simply push onto the GFB valve as I could do with the Forge DV007P that I have fitted at present.

Would appreciate any info on ID's of the hoses required...

Cheers

·
Registered
502 Posts
you might want to get the Bailey Motorsport version of this valve.

Joel has one on his std cupra....was whooshing away nicely last night at Weston wheels.

Says he has no problems with it.

Have a go mate. Not sure how much it is though.

Lee

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Lee,

Although I think the Bailey DV26 (EVO) is non adjustable so if there is problems of dropping revs at idle or anything there isn't the option to shut the valve any more to prevent it..

First person I have heard of using the Bailey EVO though.. will maybe have to get Si to source a trial unit and give it a whirl.. ??

I am still looking at the GFB as the install looks a bit more familiar to me (bailey one looks like a totally different fitting kit, more like the DV on the Audi 1.8T Turbo Transverse engine).

Thanks for the info though..

So, anyone know the hose/connector diameter of the vacuum hose of the standard kit.. ?? *notices he has a Bosch DV sat on his shelf* duhuh.. just realised.. might be able to get the ID from that..

If you know the details off the top of your head let me know though.. just to make doubly sure..

G

·
I am gonna have a go at getting one to Trial from Bailey and see how it goes on a chipped car, we know from Joel that it does work as he said that he had run it for over 2000 miles.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Si:

when you connected the GFB did it fit straight on to the existing vacuum hose? or did it need any connectors?

·
Registered
502 Posts
it does indeed go straight on without needing any other fitting kits.

The only bit you might struggle with is fitting the little vacuum hose on the top of the dumper.

The bit on the bosch is much smaller than the Forge and even GFB....which is fecking huge!

Steve put a little samco hose on it for me instead..which is mucho better than that std bit of rubbish hose!

Lee

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Cant remember the size of the 'adapter' but if you look at the GFB parts picture - it shows the 'adapter' off the valve.

I used the one it came with but then I was buying it for a 1.8T from guys that used them on 1.8T's.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers..

Might have to put the valve on hold... as you may have seen elsewhere.. I now have a new bonnet to buy after having it beaten by a brick travelling at 70mph.. !! :(

I'll see how things go.. might get it.. might not..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.