SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.
I have a forge 006 recirc valve at the moment. aldnd a hurricane induction kit. it makes a small whoosh but i would like a louder one. Im thinking of getting the GFB hybrid valve. I have not got the car chipped. will the car run correcly with this valve on? will i get problems with the air mass sensor?

cheers,

James.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
James, You shouldnt have any problems. Only problems to occur where on chipped cars. I want one but not for £150. I would have the missus on my back:no: :no:

Gareth

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I didn't want to mention the price to the other half either
(and mine only cost me £100)
I picked it up from the US while out there on business.
No P&P and it was $140

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I nearly bought one off someone of the other site for a £100, but I was a bit screptical that he took it off in favour of a Forge. If I was to get one I would like to try it on my car before handing over my pennies.

Gareth

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
If you wern't all the way up in Aberdean I would offer a try of mine.

(its sitting on the side at home until I get my car back)

Are you coming down for TRAX?

If so you could have a go of it then. (I will want it back on the day though :( )

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Not going to trax but thanks for the offer. Could you not send it up to me to try for a few days and I will post it back to you. Cheeky I know but worth a try:D

Gareth

·
Registered
314 Posts
Had one on my car before , worked ok, you see my pal allready has one on his Octavia - so it has already been tested on not only the skoda but my Ibiza and also wee chris's S3 which with a Induction Kit sounded amazing - soming like a WRX chutter

G no hard fellings - I'll tell you what man when I have got this dv sent up we can swap it over to yours at the rolling road meet and let you try it ehh ?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
LLoyd, It was not until I noticed the guy replaced it with a forge that it put me off. That and he was haggling over £3.50. I was just standing by my guns:matrix:

Gareth

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks gareth. ordered it now . some lot called autospeed. but there in australia :eek: trust me to order it from the other side of the world :cn got e mail said it sould take about 2 working days, hmmmm...

James.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
James, just checked out that site. $361.93 (Australian$) for the GFB DV and that includes delivery!! Works out at £128. Thats cheap!!! Well let me know how you get on

Gareth

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats not bad price. Il let you know hw i get on with the delivery. so far, im impressed. theyve mailed me to say its not a stock item but theyl get it from there supliers and ship it tommorow with DHL. they said 2 working days. not bad from australia. Il tell you when it arrives.

James.

G

·
The GFB has been now tested on:

Standard Ibiza
Standards Leon

APR Chipped Leon
Impossible Chipped Ibiza
Jabbasport Ibiza
Oettinger Ibiza

And did not work on the chipped ones! However I would like us to have a Dyno Day and have a look more closely at it, I have now taken the Trial one off!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I REALLY want one of these, but only if it works 100%. I have an Oettinger chipped Ibiza so it probably wont work, but hopefully someone will work it out in the end.

Ben

G

·
Ben. all I can say is that we have tried and tried and no one can deny that and would you really want us to tell you to go and spend the money if it aint working?

Lets do some more tests and then people can trial the one that I have?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I am really looking at getting one of these.. but I am reluctant to spend the cash as I am concerned about it not working..

I have the forge dv007 on it already and so have already spent cash on that.. really want that 'whoosh' though.. lol

I am in two minds whether to just bite the bullet and buy one, or whether to wait and see now that a few others are getting them.. still would like more info on setting one up though to get the correct spring release pressure as I aren't exactly a mechanic n all.. would like to see how my car ran with one on.. but 'try before you buy' isn't exactly possible with a company in OZ is it.. heh

G

·
As I said Martin, I may allow the one that I have on Trial to make its rounds but to be fair it works on a standard one and do you want to spend £150 and then chip your car for say £400 and then take it off again?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Si, would you post it up to me for a weeks trial?? Better still im going to London tonight till Sunday. Staying at the Docklands Hilton. I know London is a big place but could meet up for a jar. I could pick up the Dv!!!!!!!! P P P P Pleeeease

Gareth

1 - 20 of 103 Posts