SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive completed 67% of GT3 but im in the professional league racing in the Poly F1 series. My problem is I dont know how to change oil mid series. Only way i can change oil is by quitting the series>change the oil but then I cant restart from where I left off. Soo come on PS2 geeks, how do you do it?

Cheers
Gareth

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
F knows Side Show but i want to know too! Im in the Professional leauge my self and im having problems with the GT series! I dont seem to have a decent enough car or tyres to compete! At the moment i have the Zonda Race car and i've set it up pretty good, as before it was a pile of poo and wouldn't steer into corners properly i lowered the ASM and upped the TCS and its sorted it out but i seem to only be able to do 5 laps on Medium to Hard tyres and 9 laps on the Hard slicks with out going into the red and tipy toeing around the track and loosing my first place! Any help really appriciated!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i was going to complete the Special license races and then go back to the zonda races. Thats just impossible. I leave them for a few laps then my tyres go to 5hit and they fly past me. Tried all sort of tyres. Think I will just have to find somone thats got the race prepared Zonda and buy it off him.

Gareth

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Silly boy! I've done the Zonda races and i won the Race prepared Zonda and thats what im using to do the GT Race in the professional league!

I think its the 3rd one along in the Professional league the one with the white Icon!

Have u done that?

Any hints/tips are welcomed!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah your thinking of the FF races in the Pro League. Think you can win it in a FTO if I remeber rightly.

Come on e-mail me the set up for the Zonda in order to win!!!

G

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Good thread:)
Im on 76% thats every thing appart from the F1 chall and its near on impossible same problem as above you can't change the oil so your car gets slower and slower:wound:

Can you change the oil between races anyone??

Another solid leavel was the Mazda indurance race:eek: solid:moony:

Somone tell me how to do the last 8 F***ing races:confused:

Please

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
No :no: no :no: i've done the FF races, i think i did it in the Integra Type R, slapped a turbo on it and upped the TCS as the tourque through the steering was unbelivable!

Ill get the set of my Zonda race car to u tomorrow morning! No problems!

I also found u can't change the oil of ur car through out a tournament! But i wouldn't worry about it as i dont think the other cars would be allow to either so u would all be getting slower together. Just remember to change the oil before u start!

Im in the professional league the one before Eundurance league! I've got 10 rounds of 10 lap races with Eundurance style cars. Like the Mazda 787B, those type of cars, super light and super powerful!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I am 72% through... completed some of the tricky ones..

I tend to drive the Polyphony002 formula 1 race car for most races as it sh*ts all over most things due to the incredible road holding and turn-in ability.. plus it is as light as a feather at 540kg and having 829bhp..!! (nice power-weight)

I find the formula 1 races (last ones) pretty difficult due to tyres going off and all the cars in the races being polyphony race cars.. managed to finish a couple of the races though.. not tried the championship though.. I don't believe there is a way to change oil mid challenge.. you have to just put up with the loss of power and be good at driving and time your pit stops correctly.. as it really does come down to pit lane strategy to win.

I have found now that the game has become a bit boring due to only having a couple of endurance races left and a couple of the profressional championships left to do... the races are like 10-20 laps each and between 5 and 10 races per championship means a sh*t load of time playing the game to win and I don't have that kind of time.. I think they went a bit overboard on the longevity of the game and made the pro races too long... if you have a 10 race series the races should only be 5 laps or 7 laps.. otherwise it is too long and into two stop strategy (for tyre wear) which makes you lose cos the computer cars drive a perfect line all the way round and have far less tyre wear so pass you when you 'two-stop'..

Anyway.. my two penneth.. I have just got Gran Turismo Concept 2002 and it is ok.. got some nice cars, bit limited on the tracks, but they are well drawn, with I think some slight improvements over GT3. Only going to be a short lived game though I reckon, just a stop gap measure until GT4 comes out.. !! I think I might look at the new TOCA driving one, as it is apparently the best thing to come out since GT3.. maybe worth a look.

G

·
Right the master here, I have completed 96.6% and it took me ages and all I have left is a few endurance races which I cant be bothered to do. After winning a championship you see a revolving shadow which will choose 1 of 4 cars. To find the list of cars you have to check out a PS2 cheat website. Anyway to get all the cars what you have to do is this. If it is a 7 round competition win the first 5 and save the game, then start but quit the last two races and you will come to the winning screen. It will now give u a car. If you had the cheat list of cars you could be given a car and think "thats pants" so switch the PS2 off and repeat till you get the car you want on the cheat sheet. Thats what I have done, but 4 times so I have all but 1 properly tuned motor. F1 car is by far the best, then the sleek looking red car(which name esapes me but also has a motorsport version with white graffics over the back). Whatever u do dont tune the red car as u will need a seriously rapid standard car for the Polymorph championship. Anyway as quoted before med tyres only last for 5 laps on the F1 car and oil changes cant be done thoughout a competition. Also the Zonda is pants campared to any of the tuned skylines,787b, R390and red race car mentioned earlier.
To complete the rally stage all u have to to is win the escudo using the method above on the track section then breeze the rally section.
Now that I have some new found inspiration I might finish it over the weekend and if anybodys got a PS2 in their car I will happily copy it for u at trax.

Have fun!:D

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Fishboy i figured that one out all on my tod :D And my Zonda race car is tunned to 1195 BHP and has whooped that Mazda's 787B's AND the R390 a** I've got a highly tunned Skyline too thats kicking out around the same BHP as my Zonda Race Car but the handlying isn't all that good and i can't be a** to tune it as i've got the perfect setup IMO on my Zonda! Ill post my tunning spec for Side Show when i get time to look at it. I haven't forgotten!

I've only got 57.4% throug the game but im getting there! I've got to do those tournaments in the Pro legaue 10 races and they are all like 20 laps except the first 1 which was 15! Takess u yonks! Also get pretty boring!

O Side Show i also realised u could get Super Slicks which last u 10 laps easy rather than the Slick which barely last u to 9 laps! And i found it much easier! After that i won the R390 road car which i slapped a turbo on! It was either that, a Calibra Touring car, Ford's GT40 Race car or the Jaguar XJ220. I think i made the right choice!?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Carerra.. if you think that the Zonda race car is decent you reallt can't have any decent cars.. sorry to say mate..

The zonda is very rapid in a straigh line with a very long 6th gear that allows a big top speed, but it is useless for cornering and you will lose out to a lot of the other cars in the higher pro challenges I would expect.

Have you driven the 787b.. ?? it is a good car all round.. not as good as some, but pretty damn fine.. the red race car I think that was on about in earlier post is the Toyota GT1 Race Car.. very rapid but again not as easy to control as the F1 cars.

I have just finished the first part of Gran Turismo Concept, and it gives you a gift of 10million credits for GT3... so I am now loaded.. lol

I might eventually get round to finishing GT3 but I reckon I will get bored with the longer race series and probably buy the new TOCA game.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
No :no: No :no: Scoobs! My Zonda car too was pants when it came to cornering but i now have fixed it totally! When i first got the car and i drove it i though forget it theres no straight tracks on this game! But i got messing around with it due to not haveing a faster other car and sorted the cornering. It now corners as good as the 787B and oblitorats anything on the straights! :D SO :moony: :D

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
"little red sports car" - i think it might be the "tommy kaira, zz11" you might talking about, looks like a ferrari, very fast, great at corning.

anyone got the "suzuki, escudo"?, have you tried tuning it up yet?, well it resulted in 1827bhp of pure power, wheelspining in most gears, with tcs on., but total **** on the corners

dave

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Tuned to 1800hp if you set the downforce low on the front if any at all and very high on the back go to the test track and hammer it, it should start to lift the nose at about 400kph and just after that the thing goes mental to 1200kph+ :elo:, also its definetly not the tommy kaira, zz11, its a suzuki GSX/R4, its got a Hyabusa(not sure on the spelling) motorcycle engine in it and it can only be found in GT3 Concept, lovely car to dri__THRASH

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Zonda Race car Setup!

Spring Rate
Front and Rear = 16.4

Ride Height
Front and Rear = 64mm

Stabilisers
Front and Rear = Level 4

Down Force
Front = 92
Rear = 1.21
These downforce settings are for the twister of tracks if u find a track with more straights and require less down force i recommend minusing 3 from each.

Active Stability Manager
Level 9

TCS
Level 8

Everything else that i haven't mentioned here remain as the default setting.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Not the foggiest! The downforce will be different because of the different spoilers.

Try what i have done and if it still handles like bricks minus the ASM by 1 or 2 but becareful not to loose the back end coming out of corners etc!

G

·
I am taking my memory card to Trax, so if anyone wants 96.3% complete and all but 1 of the tuned cars give me a shout!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.