SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some questions regarding the 8v gti's.
is there a gti 8v- i'm talking mk2 ibiza(i think, round n reg.)
or is it ibiza cupra 8v?
i ask because i searched for them on autotrader and all igot were ibiza gti, gti 16v, 8v cupra, gti cupra r.
can someone give me the list of models, and performance stats as well if possible.
and my last question- who on here is the youngest gti 8v driver and there insurance premium, i just want a rough idea of what i will be paying for insurance if i decide to get one- or if i nedd to wait another year for cheaper insurance.
cheerz in advance

wes

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Right ive got a ibiza cupra sport gti 8v
theres also a cupra sport gti 16v
gti 8v
gti 16v

I dont really know the differences my self but the others will probably tell ya

Insurance for the 8v isnt too bad

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
I have a ibiza cupra sport gti 8v and pay £350 fully comp. Then again I'm not the youngest driver around.

:moony: :D :D :moony:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Mine was badged as an 8v GTi Cupra Sport and whenever I put my reg plate into one of these online things it always comes up with 8v GTi Cupra Sport

I have had mine 2 1/2 years and was 24 when I got it, my first years premium was £700 cause I was under 25, quite a few places would not even touch me for the car cause of me age

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Originally posted by Cupra Dave
Mine was badged as an 8v GTi Cupra Sport and whenever I put my reg plate into one of these online things it always comes up with 8v GTi Cupra Sport
Nothing a miss there then Dave ???:confused:

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Originally posted by Cupra Dave
what do you mean 8 valves :D
yeah I know but fancied more torque than top end ;)

seriously, what ya thinkin mate?
I think we're on different wave lengths here mate. What car do you have ??

The way your original post sounded was that you have a 8V GTi Cupra Sport and when you put your reg number in it comes up 8V GTi Cupra Sport hence I put nothing a miss there then mate.

I'm even doing my head in now :moony:

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Originally posted by Wee man
Gills fan does the twin headlights make any difference performance wise? are they better than oem?
Performance wise ?? No I don't think so mate, purely cosmetic. I can't comment on oem as I don't know them. Sorry mate :p

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Originally posted by Wee man
Hey mate oem means original equipment manufacturer ie the lights u got wif the car!
Doh !! :p Sorry mate....I can send you a pic if you want ( don't know how to post pics on here). ;)

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Just ordered a Jetex Panel filter for my 8v £20 cheaper than K&N but just as good quality(so i have been told), hopefully it gives me a bit more air to my block and a small induction noise increase, not getting my hopes up just incase

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
cool so thats 5 people that have 8v's, rite did the k&n panel filter seem to make any difference?

A good way to check is look at the rpm when doing 60mph then when u make changes u can see a difference (hopefully!)

I had my accord doing roughly 2900rpm at 60mph, i put powerflow on and it went down to 2200-2300 at 60mph and felt more lift at 4000rpm

It could be interesting if we all did this before each mod cause my mate did a peco 4 on his feista and his rpm ended up 800rpm worse it took nearly 1000rpm more to get to 60mph!!

If u do make sur the road is as flat as poss and drive away from the wind!

Just a wee idea!

Smart quads by the way mate!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts