SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads,

I have a two part question - I'm getting a new stereo fitted to the car. It's a Sony cd player with mp3 player input (can't remember the model). The bloke in Halfords has ordered in a fascia adapter (Mk1 Leon), and I told him that the Leon has 8 speakers - two per door, correct? Anyway, he looked a bit confused when I said this. The front of the new stereo says 4 X 45 Watt on it....do you reckon Halfords will fit it right so I'll still have sound from all speakers?

Also, the radio stations aren't displaying on under the speedo (whereas they used to on my old Leon). Is this a fuse gone or something, or maybe it's something that will be fixed when the new stereo is fitted?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
your 8 speakers (probably 6) are ran as 4 speakers and just take a feed from each other so to speak (front left two are joined together, front right two are etc) and there only tweeters

you will probably only have 2 in the rear. you will have sound from all speakers dont worry

when your new stereo is fitted then that definately wont be displayed, you might be able to buy a lead that does it but I cant remember if you can or not on the leon but its something like £30 / £40 for the lead to do it anyway if you can of course.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that Dave....so Halfords can't really f it up by the sounds of it....glad to hear that...

I've only got the car a few weeks and I was thinking of going back to the dealer to get them to fix that radio display thing, but if the new stereo is going to stop it working anyway there's no point....I think it's something I can live without - just thought it might've been a fuse or something...

Thanks again...

·
Registered
333 Posts
From what I've read elsewhere on the forum, the radio station display was removed from the later Mk1 Leon's. Can't give precise details I'm afraid, but theres nothing wrong with your car, I doubt it had the function in the first place (think it was a cost cutting / profit maximising procedure).

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
nope, my mk1 has never had the channel displayed, and you will definetely have 4 door speakers with tweeters fitted at the top of each door. I can sometimes hear my rear door tweeter more than my drivers door as its right at my ear.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
superleon;782328 said:
Cheers for that Dave....so Halfords can't really f it up by the sounds of it....glad to hear that...
you would hope not....i used to work in halfords and some of the stereos I saw installed :baffled5wh: however fitting it is very straight forward, also dont let them con you into a stereo lead (they will try lol) just tell them all you have to do is swap the red and the yellow wire over on the aftermarket loom (thats if they try it on anyway)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for all the feedback lads.....I'll definitely be on my guard when Halfords try and flog me more stuff than I need! Thanks...

I'm amazed that Seat have removed the radio station display from the dash display....there's still a space for it! How much would they save...it was a nice feature.....but having said that, it wasn't a deal breaker when I was going to buy the car!

I'm delighted with the car though....it took a bit of getting used to the diesel sounding engine etc, but I'm growing to love it, and the mpg!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.