SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was checking my oil, engine coolant, screenwash etc etc yesterday when i noticed something that isnt rite :confused1bb: :baffled5wh:

I have found a plastic bit with a wire on each side of it attached onto a bit of metal with a hole like where it shuld be held onto sumthing just hanging in my engine bay, so obviously its from sumwhere!! Did a temporary repair to stop it knocking about wen the car is moving, Wonder if anyone can tell me where it should be attached to.

Everything is running fine so it isnt causing a problem.

Rite one end of the wire comes from a apart which is attached to the manifold/downpipe and goes into the plastic connector, then the wire from the plastic connector goes into a part with three different wires in it?!

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try n get a picture of it, it is currently zip-tied in place to stop it swinging about n hitting off the engine block etc n cos it causes an annoying knocking when driving!?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The wire im one about runs from the bit the yellow arrow is pointing from, to a plastic connector on a bit of metal where it shud b mounted to sumthing, then the other end goes into a bit where 3 separate wires are clipped together to be held in place!

·
Registered
951 Posts
The metal bit poking out from the exhaust is your oxygen/o2/lambda sensor whichever you wanna call it.

If thats not wired in your emissions will be way out.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
is that engine cover standard on all the 1.4 models? if not cna i fit one to mine as i hate the look of my engine lookes exactly the same as the 1.0 and whilst im not goign to bother spending any money tuning it i would like to tart it up a little bit lol.
sorry for hijacking btw. and in response to your question, id say its the lambda sensor too

·
Registered
171 Posts
as said it looks like the oxygen sensor, if you removed the heat shield over the exhaust manifold you should see how its fitted into the downpipe. may want to check its still connected

without this sensor working the car is likely running an incorrect mixture and will probably eventually over fuel

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the oxygen sensor is still connected, at the other end of it there is a plastic connector where the oxygen sensor plugs into another wire. The plastic connector is mounted on a bit a metal which i meant to mounted onto sumthing but it isnt. So im wanting to know where it shud b so i can put it bak!!

Mines is a 1.4 estillo n it has an engine cover!! The picture i posted above isnt of my car, its one i got of the internet but my engine is exactly the same as above!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts