SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just managed to get my hands on a Toledo 2l Auto Sport on a P plate. I got to admit though, I'm not quite sure what to make of the car, having never own a seat before. It's a kind of dark metalic red an looks quite good. Only problem is I'm having to do some work to the engine, power steering and brakes.

I managed to get a proper look a it today and noticed that it needs a few parts, ie; power steering pump( hopefully if thats the problem), plugs, dizzy cap an rotor arm (the engine sounds terrible when running), a bush on the lower arm needs replacing(I'll get a proper mechanic to do that as I tried it on my cavalier when the stabilzer bar bush went an only managed to get it on about 6/7mm, lol). The drivers window doesn't work as does the rear window lock switch so a little bit of tinkering there, the brake dics an pads all need replaced as it looks like it's been lying for a few months, needs 2 new tyres and finally(I hope!) a replacement gear sfift handle. Just a few things to do to it, though it didn't seem so much when i was thinking about it, rofl.

Realy looking forward to getting it running the way it should to see what it's really like on the road.

cya all

simon

WHY ME!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad the sites up an running again.

Still working on it, but got it through it's mot. Managed to get a Power Steering Pump of a 1.9 diesel golf at a local scrappy then got 2 new tyres for it, that was after the carry-on I had trying to get the engine running without the missfire, Tried the plugs, rotor arm an distributor cap but missfire was still there, spent 30quid on new set of ht leads and got her running the way she should be, so off I went for it's mot, passed the emisions test no problem without anything needed done to the engine.
Had to get 3 areas(next to jacking points) welded, guy spent all afternoon doing that for me at local garage and needed another tyre to get through it's mot, and at 45quid per tyre hope I aint needing another one to soon, :lol: .
Still working on the few advisory stuff thats needs sorted but got a some out the way and more recently(ie;last couple of weeks) had to replace both front wheel bearings, did the offside one 2 weeks ago only to find the bearing I put in was faulty and went the next day :( so had to replace that one again(was a lot easier to do second time around,lol). The passenger side was even easier now I know what I'm doing to replace the bearings,rofl.
Think it's just the lower arm bushes on both sides to do an thats all the advisory stuff out the way.
Now she's on the road I find her ok to drive, little bit heavy on the steering, but far better road handling than my cavalier ever had and being a 2l has a lot more acceleration, so still geting used to that. but appart from that she's a good car an hope she lasts as long as, if not longer than the cavalier.

happy motoring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts