SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OK I know you shouldn't count chickens...but wait for it, Seatspares have been able to help and my new headlight is on its way! Big thanks to Tolsport and CHR15. This is my first car so hopefully I'll be motoring soon! MOT next Eek!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
CHR15 - My car was a freebie, a woman in work said she was getting rid of it but, that it only had a few minor things wrong with it (namely it needed a new headlamp and the brake cable tightening!). I thought its a shame to scrap a car for something that can be fixed so I took it off her hands. So go on how much did you get yours for?

Tolsport - The headlamp was £55 (incl postage) so I'm happy with that, I'm just hoping that when it arrives after the bank holiday that its the right one!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Its a bit odd that those parts disappeared off Ebay before the auction probably someone desperate for parts approached the seller ahead of the auction. I did see that listing from the guy selling the whole car for scrap, but guess what....sods law, it was the drivers side headlamp he had smashed!!! Nevermind hopefully this part from Seatspares will do the trick.

sxi_jim said:
A few weeks ago there was someone on ebay selling loads of mk1 bits - including a set of headlamps. I was going to bid on them but they mysteriously disappeared from auction. Emailed the seller to ask what happened to them and never got a reply, so they might be still out there somewhere, or they might have just dematerialised!

Dealer price is £70 i think for a single headlamp, which isnt bad when you compare it with some modern car lamps, but is still pretty steep. Have you tried an independent parts factor? Also someone on here was selling a complete car for spares after he crashed it recently, cant remember who though.

BTW my car is an L reg mk1, registered august 2nd 1993 - must be one of the last!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
All though I've not had mine long..finding spares is prooving increasinglly difficult, haven't decided yet but I think it might be time to part with it. Any ideas what I might get for it? It has full service history and has no signs of body work damage, new tyres, and has about 78,000 miles on the clock which isn't bad for a K Reg. It would be a good first motor for someone, or a second car for a run around.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Joibiza said:
All though I've not had mine long..finding spares is prooving increasinglly difficult, haven't decided yet but I think it might be time to part with it. Any ideas what I might get for it? It has full service history and has no signs of body work damage, new tyres, and has about 78,000 miles on the clock which isn't bad for a K Reg. It would be a good first motor for someone, or a second car for a run around.
Its prob worth between £200-£400, depending on who you sell it to. I reckon you should swap it for this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4554057675&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

·
Registered
18 Posts
You may be interested in the Ibiza that went up on ebay today on a 5 day listing.
HTML:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18270&item=4560584653&rd=1
Certainly keep you going for parts for a while. Obviously a bit steep just for the headlamp though!

Good luck

J

Joibiza said:
I'm beginning to think I own the only Seat Ibiza CLXi in the country I've rang scrap yards from Dumfries to Swansea looking for parts, but all to no avail. The car is a 1993 K Reg and needs a new d/s headlamp unit in order to pass its next MOT. The body work etc is in good nick with low milage on the clock and I'm loath to part with the car over a headlamp, I'm also loath to pay more for a headlamp then I did for the whole car!!! Anyone with parts, or suggestions please get in touch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
SEAT Ibiza Mk 1 - A Brief History

SEAT relaunched itself in the UK in October 1985 with a new corporate identity, repositioning the SEAT Brand with the most modern car in its range â€" the Mk 1 Ibiza â€" the first car developed independently of FIAT. Although SEAT was receiving significant investment by VW at this time, VW did not have the resources in-house to develop this car so used trusted suppliers, design-house Giugiaro, engineering by Karmann and Porsche engine development to get it off the drawing board and into manufacture. SEAT officially became a brand of the Volkswagen Group on June 9, 1986.

The first cars were three-door featuring a 1.2 or 1.5-litre engine. The base model was called LE; the mid-ranger GL and the top-spec was called GLX. Exactly one year later, the five-door cars were released. The range was rationalised, with the base model now known as Designer and the 1.2 GLX was discontinued. A 900cc Designer price-leader appeared with the three-door body in March 1987 and was dropped eighteen months later. Its replacement was renamed Disco and a five-door version appeared called Comfort.

April 1989 brought yet more changes. The grille was now painted to match the body colour and the bumpers became black. The base car's name changed yet again, this time to Special. Three months later, a mildly sporting derivative appeared called SXi. It had a 1.5-litre engine and featured spoilers and front fog lamps. Yet another model, the XLS, joined the range in January 1990 as did a new 1.7-litre diesel Special four months later.

July 1991 (New Series Ibiza) saw a freshening of the range with corner wrap front indicators, a new grille and smoked tail lamps for all models along with a black-painted tailgate panel and a new model designation CLXi alongside the GLX and SXi. In January 1992 a new 1.7-litre engine appeared in the new Sportline model of which 200 were imported to the UK. Fuel injection and catalysts were added to all System Porsche engines in July 1992. The Mk 2 Ibiza all-new replacement arrived in Febuary 1993, although Mk 1 examples continued to be registered at least as late as May 1993.

If you want to check all the model designations Parker's Guide looks pretty definitive
HTML:
http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/specs/derivative.aspx?manu_name=SEAT&manufacturer_name=9909&model_id=806&fueltype=&months=&spare1=&spare2=
BRUMMYBEEZER said:
ERRRR!!!!! think you MIGHT find this is a MK 1 ... not a MK 2 ... i have my 'flame retardant suit on stand-by .. just in case im wrong ...............

·
Registered
2 Posts
jemfinder;496411 said:
SEAT Ibiza Mk 1 - A Brief History

although Mk 1 examples continued to be registered at least as late as May 1993.

between may '98 and march 2001 I owned a mk1 (1.2 slxi) registered in august 1993 making it an L......

21 - 33 of 33 Posts