SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

I’ve recently acquired an autoglym pack (£40 thing from Argos) for cleaning my car, girlfriend surprised me it as a present.

Now I’ve looked at it briefly and looked at Rich’s Polished Bliss website (I think I’ve read it a dozen times and have all the pages saved on my pc to keep referring to, fantastic site) but I’m a bit new to this detailing lark. I usually just go BP, blast with jet wash, brush, wax gloss and rinse…and before all the detailers scream at me, sorry!! I know the AG stuff ain't as good as meguirs, poorboys’s etc but it’s all I have at the moment so work on my car.

I’ve read up on the two bucket method and am ready to give that a go. But the autoglym pack came with a super resin polish. I got bit lost in translation while reading polished bliss websites so was after bit help on this polish resin stuff.

Basically I just want to know how do I apply it? â€" I’ve seen Rich using a polisher but I ain't rich enough to afford one just yet, due to my car annihilating a sensor or two, and didn’t know if it would be usable with resin. It is simple using polishing clothes as such and is there a technique to do it all? My car is going in Donny show so I’m taking this full pack with me to clean it when I get there, any help now and for Donny would be marvelous beyond thanks!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
well you'll see that polished bliss supply little yellow pads and a blue towels in the polishing section. Use the yellow pads to apply and the blue towels to remove, I use them with my polishes / glaze and it works very well.

I would recommend giving it a good wash and polish the weekend before Donny and then at donny you will be able to polish it up quite easily.

What comes in the pack exactly?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right got this from Argos's website! it has the following in it, obviously I'll be buying a lambwool mit and not using that sponge (good advice from polished bliss!)

Super resin polish (325ml).

Body work shampoo conditioner (500ml).

Clean Wheels (500ml).

Intensive tar remover (325ml).

Car glass polish (325ml).

Paint renovator (325ml).

Screen wash.

Perfect polishing cloth.

Bumper care.

Jumbo sponge.

The bit that kinda scares me a bit of all this is just the sheer number of bits and bobs and not knowing whta does what lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've got one of these kits, very handy for taking to shows

Super resin polish - Meguirs have a pretty good range but both PB and FD do a much better range for the money.
Body work shampoo conditioner - As good as Fairy Liquid! lol
Clean Wheels (500ml). - Crap, you still have to get a sponge or brush on them to get the dirt and brake dust off
Intensive tar remover (325ml). - Crap
Car glass polish (325ml). - Can definately get better stuff than this
Paint renovator (325ml)- Your better off using clay bar from places like MEguirs, i have both, clay bar is way more effort but better results
Screen wash - Very good actually
Perfect polishing cloth - Get rid, get blue one from Polished Bliss, way better
Bumper care.
Jumbo sponge. - Yep lambs wool mit way better, not hash unlike the cheap sponge you get in this kit

As time has gone by and i've tested everything in the kit i've started to replace it with other stuff as there is much more available on the market now, better quality and more for your money too, it would be worth looking at Finer Details and Polished Bliss stuff as you go along

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to be honest i'd actually contacted Rich @ Polished Bliss but my lass went and bought this one, i'd prefer to take it back and buy the gear from Rich, might suggest that to her tonight if shes ok with it!! You know how lasses are if you return s present they've bought or dont use it!!

Ill have a word and see about buying the advanced wash kit off Polished bliss. his kit is
Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds 32 oz

Meguiars Lambswool Wash Mitt

Meguiars Deep Pile Microfibre Wash Mitt

Poorboy's Waffle Weave Towel 24" x 36"

Menzerna Gel 7.5 Wheel & Tyre Cleaner 16 oz

Meguiars Versa-Angle Wheel Face Brush

P21S Total Auto Wash 1 Litre

what else would you recomend?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I''d actually speak to Rich himself and ask which products are best for your colour car etc :) thats what i did :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right well I've followed bit advice and managed to get some better products from Halfraud's, that AG case went back and made way for less products so far but hopefully better! Ive got a :

lambwool washmit (Rich from polished bliss advise coming through!)

Zymol auto wash ( this any good?)

Meguirs Tech Wax (heard this is good?)

Also acquired (via parents) a real leather extra large chamois as well. mate said I need applicators or something for wax or something. any advice on that/where to get?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I wouldn't recommend using a chamois - they're very good at scratching your paint - get yourself a waffle weave towel instead

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fair do's might invest in one of them :) Got it for free of my dad like but still might as well get the rest.

SO ive got my shampoo, wash mit, wax and either chamois or waffle towel, just need applicator pads or something yeah??

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I bought the meguirs foam wash from rich, i dont have a power washer but just bought a cheap garden sprayer, diluted the foam slightly in that them spray onto the car, using a 2 bucket method to rinse. then if you look at the post i made the other day i clayed it and waxed it to a good shine.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah was reading over that! Fantastic shine you got up! Hoping this Zymol and Meguirs wax can make mine shine great! Im taking two buckets down Donny like to do the method, got my lambwool mit at the ready, just ordered some Meguirs applicator pad's and polishing cloths too!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah i've seen that on Rich's site, again theres alot of stuff out there but im going to see what this stuff's like then maybe have a word with Rich about what would work best on my paint, its a pain or i believe it to be with it being beige nebula, kinda like a champagne/weak gold colour.

You got a lovely shine there though leigh :yes4lo:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.