SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I need your help/advice, I have been thinking about doing this for a few months but everytime I drive my car I change my mind again...!

Selling my Leon Cupra.

Big decision for myself as I absolutely love it but I have to decide whilst I can still get a good price for it. And having spent about £1000 on it gives me more reasons not to sell!! The main reason being would be to fund a Lotus Elise, I have longed for one of these for years, as I said whilst I can get a good price for the LC I would use £4500-£5500 to buy another everyday car (VW Passat is looking possible have seen some sensible mileage 130TDi's) and fund the difference to buy the Lotus for about £8000-£9000.

But...everytime I drive the LC I know why I bought it and love it. But the opportunity to have a 'fun' car for sunny days is too good a prospect, the everyday diesel will help a little on costs too.

Please help me with your thoughts, or possible suggestions for the everyday car?

Thanks!

G

·
I think you will get biased opinions on here mate ...

Personally I think if you have a dream you should go with it and not bei n your 60's going "I wish I had done that"

·
Registered
427 Posts
I agree with fuzzy although having prevoiusly owned a passat I can say that they are good cars. But if you really love your leon couldn't you buy the lotus as well your leon and not get the passat.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wouldnt buy a Lotus. I had a friend who had an elise a little while back, loved the car but nearly every other morning it wouldnt start or there was an expensive problem that it had to go to the garage for. So he sold it and bought a TVR.

Hope this helps, you wont go far wrong keeping the Cupra...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.