SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, misses was driving my car tonight, she called me to say wipers weren't working - nothin i could do so just told her to park up leave it a while etc, then worked fine, now comes to my turn to drive later wipers worked fine earlier on, went out for dinner, back out to the car and no wipers at all! water jets work fine, back ones perfect just no front wipers at all, no speeds even just the quick wipe one, i'm puzzeled, someone please help me quick, i live in central scotland and its not the dryest place here!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys but i got it sorted was really heavy snow here and think thats pushed the wiper down a bit from its rest position, put them on a gave it a gentle nudge now there perfect, havent missed a beat! god know!

Now i've got a new prob today! Coilpack me thinks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
juddering at low revs, really low power, engine managment light on and cat stinks like egg, pretty sure its the coilpack, priced them £30 each including vat from the stealers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes mate, definately coil packs,
my 2001 ibiza cupra was exactly the same,
engine light will need to be reset though, dont pay a stealer for this i just disconnected the battery for about 20 mins and hey presto no engine light, :)
coil pack also dead easy to change,
happy motoring mate :)

c11pra

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
local seat doesn;t have them in stock! car runing like a bag for a day or 2 now, unless anyone on glasgow central scotland has one tonight for sale!

cheers for the input guys! appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Also try any other VAG garage - they are all the same bits. I know W Livingstone's always try to keep 'em in stock :)

As for the wipers, on the Leon the driveshaft at the drivers side can get clogged up with [email protected], result is they start to run slow..... if you let it continue you'll burn out the motor - just so you can make sure they are going at the right speed.

Dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Livingstones got 2 in today, so got one, Lommond Audi in glasgow had about a dozen of them but the were shut just before i got there last night! so need to fit that tonight! they difficult to fit?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Nope. Dead easy, just remove the cover and carefully pull the coil pack out the cylinder. Be carefull in case they break. As u only have one away u will probably need to do one at a time to see which one is missfiring.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Another way to find the faulty one .....

On the TOP of each Coil-Pack there is a plug, UN-PLUG each one while the car is running - the one thats faulty wont make the engine change tone (or revs drop), the good ones will :)

Dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got the parts from EURO CAR PARTS in Glasgow!
IDIOTS!!!!
they gave me the total wrong part, back in again today when i get a chance to change them! gonna kill someone this week - i can feel it! :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts