SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
ive found a few universal fitting ones made to fit Leon/Toledo's so but its onyl single guage could really do with a double gauge holder. the gauges on the net go for around £20 each plus P&P so bit cheaper

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
I have seen the universal ones and they are ok, but you are much beter with the Nomad one. The black one is to match the Cupra R.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I agree... Mine looked like it was installed from factory!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ah, might be easier for me to get that as my pillars are like white/cream colour, im sure you've seen them. obviously theya int black like cupra r so id have to repsray them, dont think id be able to get the paint colour to match. might buy a double one and attach it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-TOL...ryZ36680QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that above aint too bad really is it?

http://www.nomadracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=441

or there is that above from nomad

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Leon_Paul said:
Ah, might be easier for me to get that as my pillars are like white/cream colour, im sure you've seen them. obviously theya int black like cupra r so id have to repsray them, dont think id be able to get the paint colour to match. might buy a double one and attach it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-TOL...ryZ36680QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that above aint too bad really is it?

http://www.nomadracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=441

or there is that above from nomad
Nomad also do a grey for the Leon Cupra like Pauls...

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
yup - like post 12 on this thread.. thats the colour you want..

·
Registered
10,671 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Thought I too should put in a good word for Nomad.
They are so perfect and OEM looking that even I bought one! And I had to pay a lot in postage, 'cos I don't live in UK.

60mm black with HKS vac/boostmeter:

At nite:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Cheers for the advice! so get a nomad pillar and then the gauges yeah. How hard is it to fit these things? im assuming its just connect to the battery terminals direct for the voltmeter one but how would i do oil pressure sensor? any help on this would be great. is it a job i can do myself or do you recomend a garage or something.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
You will also need to connect to a light source - I had mine connected to the rheostat for the dash lights, so that they all went up or down at the same levels. I can't comment on the connection of those guages as a) I didn't have those types, I had boost and oil temp and b) I got someone to do it for me!! ;)

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
dunno about either of these really... the pillar is easy to fit - pull the old one off and put the new one up. Ihad to glue the velcro to the pillar tho to help it stick better

·
Registered
653 Posts
thats helpful again, thanks. so basically if i want something doing like this might be an idea to take it to a local auto-sparky to get done? is oil pressure more for turbo cars or can NA engines have it? if thats an easier one to do ill do that, just wanna spice my Leon up a bit

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I had oil temp fitted to mine, since I wanted to know when the oil had warmed up (about 6 miles after water) so that I didn't mangle the turbo by booting the car before it was ready. I guess oil pressure will indicate a problem with the car earlier than if you didn't have it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Cool. just had a word with a mate of mine and he thinks he knows how to wire the things up so might not need a sparky to sor tit for me after all if i can just get hold of the guages and the pillar pods etc, gotta be red to atch interior he he. ill let u know how i get on and maybe do a guide if i can get it sorted soon for anyone else wanting to do it

·
Registered
653 Posts
well hes wired in a few guages to his Nissan Silvia but obv cars are different to each other so he said he will have a look. said its quite an easy job like more or less so.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
The autometer gauges are white faces with black lettering. I spent ALOT of time hunting around and couldn't find anything (but that was some time ago). So these were about the closest that I could find.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
again - see my picture in this thread... Is as close a match as you well get imho

21 - 40 of 40 Posts