SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Jonnie, I'm 26 from Rosyth just next the the Forth Bridges. I've just pulled out aof a cracking deal on a brand new octavia vRS tdi. I'm gutted tbh. But now looking at getting a 2005 Leon FR what I want to know is whats the difference between the cupra R and the FR apart from the engine. Many thanks.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Lots ;) The bumpers are different (the later FR+ models had the same bumper though), the wheels are different (17" instead of 18" and a different style), different brakes (the Cupra R has Brembos), different exhaust (twin exhausts on the FR, single oval pipe on the Cupra R), suspension will be different, I think the intercooler is different, the list goes on. The interior is different as well I think, possibly different seats and I think the Cupra R has a black headlining.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
The FR is newer. It basically replaced the Cupra in about 2005 I think, but other than a name/badge change, I don't think much else changed. The FR has the silver wing mirror covers and different alloys as well. Probably about the only noticeable differances.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
The FR+ was the same basic spec as the FR, but it was basically the run-out model, the old FR with the Cupra R front bumper, and 17" Cupra R style alloy wheels. Nothing else changed as far as I'm aware between the FR and FR+. It was just to help shift a model that was about to be replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alanjonesbath;779531 said:
The FR+ was the same basic spec as the FR, but it was basically the run-out model, the old FR with the Cupra R front bumper, and 17" Cupra R style alloy wheels. Nothing else changed as far as I'm aware between the FR and FR+. It was just to help shift a model that was about to be replaced.
Knowladge is power. Ask me any thing about BMW or Vauhall but Seats.............no lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
yeah the only differences between what you would call fr and fr+ is most obviouse cupra r front and rear bumper as skirts are the same anyway
then 17" version of the wheel and cupra r style leon badges on the hatch
i cant remember anything else apart from the deal they also did which was about £1500 or so off the price so if you find 1 dont be fooled by the seller tryin to make a quick buck as they do not seem to be valued differently.
so £14000 for a 55 would be a rip off as thats what they were new i think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well just put down a deposite on a black magic 55 plate FR+ very nice car to drive and plenty of torque in every gear from near tick over for safe overtaking. Sould be on the road in a couple of weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts