SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
It is manufactured to exactly the same dimensions as the Forge and Bosch DV's I believe... just has some pointless heat sink fins on the outside.. Now if it was made from copper and there was a fan sat next to those fins I would maybe consider that it actually provides some benefit, but I personally think it is cosmetic to make it look different from the Forge.

I am sure it works fine, and pretty much exactly the same as the Forge..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Agree there Scoob. Can't really see the point of Viton rings either, they're usually used for chemical resistance and are quite expensive. Also silicon grease is silicon grease, you probably pay twice as much for the Mobil badge, I've used Molycote in industry for years and is excellent at a wide range of temperatures.

ALL SALES BO*****S AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
:) Glad you agree... I couldn't see the point of their sales pitch other than trying to blag those people who didn't know much about engineering and were impressed by the badges and trademarks..

Sales and marketing for ya init.. typical..

I WANT A GFB anyway.. !! lol (have I mentioned that anywhere on here? heheheh)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Someones selling one either on here or *********.

I didn't think they worked on Ibizas tho', personally the Forge DV007P is the one to go for. I've got one never any probs in 10K miles. Other peeps seem to have probs with the DV006.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have the DV007P on my car now.. have done for a while.. works fine, but I want that whooooooooooooooosh.. lol

I believe the GFB will work ok on standard ibiza's.. just doesn't work for chipped ones.. which mine aint..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Get an induction kit if you want the wooshy sound, apparenty you can hear it then.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I can hear the DV dumping inside the car when I have the windows closed, but because the air is recirc'd it isn't audible outside the car... need a vent to atmos (trumpet) for that..

I'd rather try the GFB and see if it works than go the whole hog of induction kit at the moment.. I have a K&N panel filter in the box and that makes it slightly more raspy at higher revs..

Nearly convinced myself yesterday to buy the GFB... but didn't do it.. gonna think about it over the week..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.