SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im already running a 2 channel 350 watt amplifier which is running my 10 Inch Sub :biggrin9gp: Gives a good sound.

Im thinking of getting another 2 or 4 channel amplifier to run my 6x9's (2 Channel) or my 6x9's n either a set of tweeters or front speakers (4 Channel)

Wat im wondering is how will i wire in this other sub?? I.E mainly power and RCA cables.

Im just going to link the remote cable from my current amp to the new one.

I know that i have 2 free outputs on the back of my headunit for an amp :baffled5wh: so would i just run an rca from one of these to my new amp??

For the power i was thinking getting a distribution block, one power cable in (the one from the battey), two power cables out (one for each of my amps.)

Just wondered wat everyone wud suggest.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I'm sure you can also split RCA leads however you will find that your stereo gives different outputs for different things (probably subwoofer and rear / front) so it would be best to run a set of RCA leads from the correct output.

As for the power like you said you might as well get a distribution block and split the power rather than wiring in another from the battery

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you use a phono splitter you'll half the pre out voltage so the sub amp has to work twice as hard to get the same sound level as you are used to at the moment. If you have on you existing amp a phono out put this would get arround this problem but no good if you have run your sub amp from the sub output from the radio. I suppose what i'm trying to say is its better to run another phono cable down the car. You could also use a distribution block on the earth aswell.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's two ideas for a boot build that ive came up with (aint brilliant cos it was done on paint!!) both are Covered in black carpet (grey used in drawings to show outlines!) and the false floor will be made from plyboard with wood underneath for rigidity.

Build 1

Both Boxes built at very back of boot to give room on the false floor at the front to put stuff in the boot if required. Power Cap, JVC Speakers and L.E.D.S in middle off sub and amp (Back panel goes along the whole length of the build.

Sub and amp pointed into middle of boot, this is because im considering mounting sub magnet out so it wud stop it getting damaged if it is like that.

Build 2

Both boxes built at back of boot but forward, wont give much room on front of false floor. Power Cap, JVC Speakers and L.E.D.S in middle off sub and amp (Back panel goes along the whole length of the build.

Sub and Amp angled up facing out off boot, if sub if mounted magnet out, possibility of it getting damaged, if option 2 is chosen magnet will be in box to protect it.

Personally imconsidering option 1.

I would like everyones opinions on this and am open to considering improvements/changes.

Thanks in advance!! :biggrin9gp: :cool:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking 1 myself cos it gives me a little more room incase i need to put anything in the boot. Plus im wanting to mount my sub magnet out cos i have one of the audiobahn ones with the flame design n number 1 will protect the magnet better.

Will there be any difference in sound if i mount the sub magnet out??

·
Registered
662 Posts
yes there is a difference in sound performance on which way the sub is mounted.....first of all I would make sure the box you build is spot on and completely air tight and do a bit more research into which way you put the sub!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
There is a sound difference but you can get the same sound difference if you have the option on the headunit to swap the signal round, but then you aren't showing off your magnet. Also why are you putting 10cm speakers in the boot you'll have no noticable effect from them in the cabin of the car as the back seats will deaden the sound from them because they won't be very powerfull, and they will be next to useless if you standing out side with the boot open

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.