SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I put more of those angry faces on the thread title?

I got back for Hawaii this morning (landed at 6:00 am)

Had already spoken to 'the bodyshop' to ensure my car would be ready for me to pick up first thing.

I turn up and its ready!

Its been pollished and its looking spectacular!

YEAH!

Firstly I handed back the rental car keys and asked for mine so that I could put my luggage in mine. Stright away money was asked for, even after all the messing about and having already told the woman that I was not prepared to pay the XS untill I was fully happy with the car. I said a week would be good....

2 mins was all it took before I lost it (even without sleeping for 36 hours I stayed relativly calm) I got the woman to pull the manager out of a meeting to have a look at the ****-POOR excuse for a paint job they had done.

He came out all surprised and defensive, asking what the problem was etc... have a look at the car I said - would you accept it? he had a quick look and after I had pointed out just half the list I had found in 2 mins, he was all sorrys and appologies...

The list of problems are as follows, remember this is the 2nd paint job they have done on it and it has been polished (by blind monkeys by the looks of things)

1 paint run on passengers door
2 paint runs on drivers door
Messy paint (lots of runs) and no feathering on the A pillar.
Bare primer in a 2" section of the leading edge of the drivers door.
Bare metal! on the side skirt (just above the plastic skirt)
Overspray on a black section under the bonnet
Screwdriver marks (scratched and popped the paint) where they had removed the bumper inserts for the second paint job
A 1.5" 'gouge' in the bumper that had been sprayed over....

All in all I was very very ****** off - how could anyone have any self respect doing such a crap job and how could those that polished it think it was ok?

I have finally got Lorna's Dad (pretty high up in VAG) involved as a last resort.... i realy didn't want to but after all this crap he siad its not on and he'll sort it out ASAP... fingers crossed.

In the mean time

AARRRRHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :wound: :wound: :wound:

·
Registered
173 Posts
i really feel for you, sorry to hear about the mess
hope it gets sorted soon

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Would this be a WS (abbreviated) garage, not the one in Towcester is it?

One of the guys from E38 is having a lot of problems with them as they wont fix his gearbox thats covered under warranty.

Hopefully this will all get sorted, demand it gets sorted by an independant source...Premier Vehicle Services?!

Tom

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they must have been expecting a blind guy with his old partially sighted guide dog to come and collect it. (even then i think the dog would have noticed!!)

The job was a right bodge.

Just for info 'the bodyshop' is Wayside in Milton Keynes (Bletchley).

I was expecting great thing from them due to the fact that theyy are VW Audi guys....

oh well. :swear:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Really sorry to hear you have to wait again for your mowta mate
I can only imagine how pi55ed off you are after two crap paint jobs and a long wait in the first place

Hope all gets sorted real soon

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
thought so, they sound like a bunch of fools!

Hope it all gets sorted mate, hate to hear of peoples misfortunes!

Tom

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's really bad mate - I feel for you dude. Keep us posted won't ya.

I hope mine doesn't take as long as this...... I really want it ready for Trax :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.