SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Im fed up of using the FM car transmittor for my i-Pod.

Just looking for the best advice to get my i-Pod hooked up to my standard Seat stereo.

I hear Seat do it for £99

I take it they just install a 3mm jack input to the cd player???

Dont know if anyone else has had it done?

Cheers

Dino

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
The SEAT connector will give you an iPod connector, not a 3.5mm connector. It will allow you to select from 5 playlists using your headunit. If you want a 3.5mm connector, have a look at Connects2 who do a suitable adapter. Both will connect via the CD changer socket on your headunit, so if you can't have a CD changer connected as well as the iPod or Connects2 adapter.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
I am not sure the best way to do it really.. I have an ipod in my car, but I changed the headunit (alpine) to an iPod friendly one....

The advantage of this is that I can control the ipod through the headunit. I used a line in convertor on my girlfriend 206 and she has to use the ipod to play/pause etc.. bit more fiddly I think but defintly the cheaper option.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
yeah,, I think the single cd hu has a changer socket at the back

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've looked at getting the nexxia connector for my ipod. Am I right thinking that the ipod controls are disabled by the connector.

I saw alanjonesbath mention that you can access 5 playlists on the ipod. Is this correct and if so I suppose you could place as many albums as you like in the playlist and select shuffle albums.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

PD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts