SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you have to get the induction kit fitted before the chip but i was wondering if it makes much diffrence having the induction kit fitted at all or would it be better not to bother fitting one ?
Also what ones would you reccomend ? I have the AYP engine :(

G

·
Originally posted by simontribb
I know you have to get the induction kit fitted before the chip but i was wondering if it makes much diffrence having the induction kit fitted at all or would it be better not to bother fitting one ?
From my experience induction kits cause more problems on RR's than anything else, My blitz gave false readings because it had a cold air feed when the bonnet was open(on the RR) but didn't on the road, and my Hurricane also didn't do well on the RR but DOES on road.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by simontribb
You would'nt "have" to get an induction kit before getting it chipped. I did'nt with mine and gained.
Only tuner to map to your car is Jabbasport... others a plug and play one for all chips.

I would say Hurricane.... but then again I would, would'nt I. :p

regards
Bill

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by CupraSi
Theres me thinking that Bill might say Piper Cross Induction :p
LOL

Piper who? :p

Bill:cool:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all , also wondering i have 2 and half years left on the warrenty does fitting the induction kit and chpping it mess that up ? And how much extra do most insurance copmany charge for the mods ?

Thanks

G

·
Simon,

The warrenty all depends on your dealership to be honest, most will let it by and if the problem has been caused by the modification then it would invalidate that part of the warrenty.

As for insurance, again this varys from company to company, however anything that is going to make your car quicker will normally make your premium higher, Its worth talking to them first!

G

·
I have just fitted a hurricane kit today (supplied by Bill) and I'm well impressed, no chip yet I'm getting confused with the whole AYP and AQX fiasco going on so I'll wait but the induction kit will keep me happy for now!

G

·
Another one sold through here ;)

I wonder how much they are direct from Holland, you never know we might be able to supply them through the site?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by FISHBOY
Bill is there one for the Leon yet?
Coming soon they tell me.
They have had to alter the design they said followings tests which were'nt to their expectations.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.