SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just got some Infinity Componant speakers for my ibiza 20vt, has anybody here fitted any before ?
Have got the door mounting adapters on the way but have no clue where to put the crossovers for the speakers ?

Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Actually it's not that much of a problem. Personally I'd get some good velcro and use this to stick the crossovers to the door skin. There's a lot of room between the door and the inner trim panel for them.

Just remember that the whole door panel has to come off to get to the speakers, the grilles don't come off on the Mk3.

Pete

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) how did you sort all the wiring out for them as they have got all the seat connectors, I was going to take both the current speaker connections (door and tweeter) and join them to both goto the crossover then to the speakers.
Do i need to or can i just take one of them to the crossover and then from the crossover to the speakers?

Sorry if these are easy questions but i have never done anything with crossovers etc before :(

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
The speakers in the car at the moment don't uses crossovers. They have capacitors etc connected on the speakers themselves to filter the sounds.

So just take the connection going to the mid speaker and feed this into the crossover. Then add your own wires from the crossover to the new mid and tweeter. Wrap some insulating tape around the standard tweeter connector to stop water getting in.

Jobs a good 'un

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts