SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What alarms have people got to upgrade cat 2 on the Cupra (99 on)?

Interested to know those that work well, and problems with what systems.

Considering Clifford (had 2 before, no probs, but pricey), Toad Ai606 (slightly cheaper, supposed to be as good), Serpistar ( not sure how good they are).

Any comments/suggestions?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone got any opinions?

Our 02 Ibiza Cupra could probably do with additional security on top of standard - I am assuming standard security isn't all that hot.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
My garage told me the other day (after they had to do some ringing around to find out!) that it is only the immobiliser that is rated as Thatcham 2, the alarm isn't rated because of the immobiliser.

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Right lads u have an alarm and immobiliser factory fitted as standard, insurance companies like that, why fit anything else?
If someone wants to nick ur car they will!! to what lengths they go depends some will go as far as breaking into ur house to get the keys others will just cut the alarm and then load onto a wagon (very extreme but happens!) so weather u spend £50 on a argos special or £3500 on a clifford with all mod cons and a toad smoke screen, hardened window tints and that mad steering lock that shocks and import the flamethrowing anti hi jack system from africa THEY WILL STILL TAKE IT IF THEY WANT IT!

So what about tracker!
Well how do fancy having ur car stolen then thrashed to an inch of its life maybe crashed and then given back to you??

This has happened to a friend of mine the inurance paid for the crash damage although very minor, my mate was gutted as he still had to pay the excess and after which he had to have the engine rebuilt and new brake discs and pads plus shed loads of other things.

In the end he wished he never got tracker

Just saying my wee piece

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
I guess you have a point...if someone wants your car bad enough, they'll take it no matter what. Heard a few horror stories right enough.

Why are there some horrible people out there. :beye:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts