SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So then Cupra owners, how much does a service cost on average?

Is it worth taking out one of these service packages the garages are trying to sell these days?

My gut feeling is that it isn't worth it, especially as we have found all our previous SEAT cars to be pretty inexpensive on the servicing and maintenance costs.

What do you think?

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that loafer, that would be great.

As I haven't seen my car yet, I was under the impression that the bumpers all had that horrible black bit...is that correct as I don't have a brochure?

So, did you have yours colour coded after you got the car, and if you did, can you remember how much it cost?

Thanks,

Abi

G

·
Yes, they will have the naff black bits on. As did the Cupra R's when they turned up off the boat.
All the press cars were fully colour coded.
:mad:

Anyway, I've digressed again.

I brought some new bumper strips and had them painted by a friend of my dads, this friend owed my dad some cash and a 'deal' was done, so sorry I don't actually know what it cost.

I would of though it shouldn't cost any more than £75-80 to be honest. Thats including the new bumper strips.

Be warned, the strips are an absolute b*****d to remove from the car.

It looks great though, especially on a Ovni car.

And here are the bumper strip part no's:
6K0807225H79Y - £14.23
6K6807425G79Y - £17.46

Think the rear one is the more expensive due to cut-outs for number plates lights.
Dont quote me on that!

Do it, you know you want to.:D

·
Premium Member
9,548 Posts
Hi Abi..........My first service cost £80+, my second service was £170....l have been thinking of doing that to my bumpers too!!!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
just to upset u all i get all my services 4 free :p (that's one good thing about work) :D

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just rub it in why don't you Roly!! And to think I voted for you!

Thanks for the prices Jennie.

Loafer, have you got any pics of your bumpers so that Jennie and I can have a look?

Abs :D

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
soz peeps didn't mean 2 upset anyone just the way it is when u work where i do.

thanx 4 voting, but i think lee's already won, but i'll let u sign me plaster 4 voting 4 me ;)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Just to note... the prices and part numbers for the strips for the bumpers... the more expensive one is indeed the rear one..

I know as I need to get a full bumper, strip, painted and rear quarter panel straightened and repainted... lol (bloody gate post).

·
Registered
74 Posts
how much on average does the leon service cost:wow:

cos my leon is in at cheshunt on monday :D

i only called them this morning:)

speedy:mad:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It does pay to shop around peeps

Even on servicing the prices varied by as much as £40 between the garages I phoned. They all used different oils aswell, I was told it just depends what's on offer but would always be good quality oils.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Abi,

Livingstones in Uddingston took £56 for my 10k, and I checked the price of the 20k yesterday - £120.

Not bad considering Arnold Clark wanted £120 for the 10k :wow: :mad: :wow:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts