SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 99 ibiza Gti Cupra Sport and it came with a Grundig cassette radio head unit(i know its ****), but while waiting for the cash flow for my nakamichi cd-40z i cant help but wonder about the reception i am getting out of it, it is totally hopeless, i have tried all the local stations and radio1,2 and such but as soon as i start to travel any distance from where i set the station it just turn to static, do i have a problem or should i just get the nak on my CC and hope it aint my aerial, and yes i have checked the connection to the back of the unit. :confused:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mate, my reception is **** poor as well! Now i never use it-its that bad!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had my areal changed under warrenty as the suffered from water ingress, which gave me **** reception. Being a '99 model yours might be the same as mine is a 2000.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had **** reception aswell but i was using the standard arial thing. The one u pull out of the wing not the bee sting arial. It didn't come with one of them :( Anyways i got an electronic one u stick on the inside of the window screen :D

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, just thought id let ya know that i sorted it, ditched the Grundig tape deck and found an ex-demo nakamichi cd-40z for £280 all in, check out the attach to see it sitting in my beezer :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.