SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The standard speakers in my 02 Ibiza, to put it simply, are ****!

I can't spend too much, but want some half decent sound from the stereo. What are the options, say spending up to 100 quid? 6x9s on shelf, upgrade standard speakers etc?

All advice appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Is the trim/door cards etc easy to take off to replace speakers?

I take it if I do fronts first, later I can add big speakers on rear shelf for extra bass/loudness:eek: ?

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
They aren't too bad to get off if you take your time, and get a trim removal tool from halfords or similar... You'll also need a set of speaker adapters. Autoleads sell them for about £10.

Pete

·
Registered
555 Posts
I snapped the trim around the door pull on a ibiza there was no way it was comming off without it! The locating hole haddnt been routed properly when the panel was made.

Dont worry if you do this though as it cost less than £1 for a new one!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by matt1e
I snapped the trim around the door pull on a ibiza there was no way it was comming off without it!

Dont worry if you do this though as it cost less than £1 for a new one!:)
Yeah, there's no way you can get that trim off without snapping - but I must have been ripped off as my replacement cost me all of £2.60 :)

Regarding the speakers - Pete is absolutely right. Replace the front speakers.

I wan't sure how good the standard head unit was so I went really cheap. I used 5.25" JBL co-axial speakers which were put into the original speaker pods (lots of glue and odd bits of plastic required!). Anyway, they completely transformed the system and I can't recommend the upgrade enough!

I'm very happy with my bodged system but I'm sure the head unit is good enough to warrant spending more money than I did. If you can get the speaker adaptors and a decent set of 6.5" component speakers with your budget I'm sure you'll be very happy!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.