SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

After much humming and hawing, I'm finally getting the remap done on my 90bhp TDi Leon.....it's got to be the most above board remap ever! The insurance company have been informed, and I even told my Seat dealer (friend of my brother's), and he put me in contact with a crowd called Turbochip. They're fairly big around Europe apparently...quite expensive - 750 euros, but it'll be remapped to 124bhp...should notice the difference! Can't wait!

I'll update you to let you know how it goes!

All the best...:laugh8kb:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Si....sorry about that ****e you had to put up with the other night....it's a shame people want to stir it....all the best....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, got my car remapped last night, and I have to say, I'm not that all impressed! The bloke tried to do it through my OBD port but wasn't able to read it, so he had to pull out my ECU, and solder a new chip onto the board! I wasn't too impressed with that...is that the norm? He assured me it was the same thing, and he showed me my chip which he said he would replace if I wasn't happy. He did tell me it was a 30 day money back guarantee, so I phoned him tonight and explained that the power isn't what I expected. He says I should be putting out 124 bhp, but it only seems a little more powerful than it was! (90bhp).

I explained to him that I drove my sister's Golf (TD red "I") 100bhp and it seems much more powerful than my car now. He says it may take a few days to notice the difference in power, so he said give it until next Wednesday and then he'll take it out if I'm not happy. I don't understand why a few days would make a difference. Can't say fairer than that I suppose.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Doesn't sound right to me. Personally, if they can't read the ECU from the OBDII port, I'd have walked away straight away, as something ain't right there. Soldering a chip on? That could be as little as one of those resistors they sell on eBay which only increase your fuelling, and trick your car with different settings, which ulitmately lead to a whole raft of problems :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My sentiments exactly lads! :growl5cj: I didn't know what he was doing when he took the ECU out, but I think he was a decent enough bloke, and they're a proper company. They're based in Denmark.

He had all the proper equipment, and he copied my info to a laptop, then remotely a guy in Denmark sent him the program wirelessly over the web, and he copied it to the chip and soldered it onto the board (very professionly done). He didn't just take a chip out of a bag and stick it on! He explained exactly what he was doing, and assured me that all of the car specific information wasn't being changed, only the fuelling/turbo chip, which sounded fair enought to me.

Having said all that though, I think Si has the right idea...money back! Basically for the tiny power increase it's given me, I'm not happy having a modified car that I won't be able to insure without getting favours done etc, not to mention the resale value and that.

Think I'll stick to the standard car, until I upgrade to a more powerful one.:no6xn:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you reckon I'd definitely notice the difference if it was properly done to 124bhp? I would've thought so myself.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
yes definately, the car would be a lot smoother to drive as well. Go to a reputable company and get it done....personally never heard of Turbochip and anything to do with soldering a chip into your board I wouldnt touch!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Excellent....well then, I'll probably go for that option then...the car isn't any smoother running, and little power difference....it does move when I floor it, but then again, it always did!

Cheers for the advise guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts