SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In need of help,
What do people think i should do, keep my mk41.2 sx for another year get it lowered on some nice suspension and then sell it and get an audi a3 1.9tdi,

Or sell it sooner rather than later and get a second hand mk4 ibiza tdi cupra?

help me out here guys.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
A3 8L or 8P? If your going for the 8P (the latest model) A3, I can honestly say its a world apart from the Ibiza. I honestly thought, like most people, it was 'just a badge' on the front, and all the SEAT's, Skoda's, VW's and Audi's were all the same underneath, but the difference in overall quality and 'feel' is immense. Personally, I'd be saving for the A3 in your position, it just feel like a more 'substantial' car than the Ibiza ever did. The difference between the Mk1 Leon and A3 8L I don't think was so great, but the difference between the Mk2 Leon and A3 8P model is huge, build quality is soooo much better inside the A3.

If you did want to stick with an Ibiza though, I'd probably get an FR over the Cupra to be honest, they just seem better value, and as you've seen, they're easier to insure and 'less obvious', which personally I like.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh is was the a3 8P im absolutley in love with them, the more i see them the more i want one, but im also falling out of love with my little 1.2 beeza and wanting a bit more, i may get the FR as it wont cost much more after selling the 1.2(its an 06plate) and get the audi after some time, as i can see the audi being a far bit of insurance too

·
Registered
112 Posts
Id definitely get the FR over the cupra, there decent enough little cars for the money.

Sure, the cupra has a better £/bhp ratio but that would probably be cancelled out by the difference in insurance. I have the petrol FR but I wish I had seen the diesel when I bought mine as im sure I would have bought it (and been a bit richer each month after petrol)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well lads thanks for the replies, a lot of people seem to prefer the FR to the Cupra!!

Think im going to consider buying a diesal FR, just gotta find a good one for the right price now.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bennai;784858 said:
In need of help,
What do people think i should do, keep my mk41.2 sx for another year get it lowered on some nice suspension and then sell it and get an audi a3 1.9tdi,

Or sell it sooner rather than later and get a second hand mk4 ibiza tdi cupra?

help me out here guys.
Personally I'd not even think about lowering the 1.2 if you want to sell it, its money down the drain and will decrease the size of your potential sale market.

I love my Ibiza Sport (not all that different to the FR), but if i had the money for the Audi I wouldn't even consider asking on here lol, the Audi would always win!

Also, FR TDi is group 8 insurance, the Cupra is 13 (iirc), so that's quite a jump as you said, go for the FR if you decide to stick with Ibiza.

G

·
If you are modding go for the FR as you will have some money and you can personalise it .. the Cupra is sort of already finished

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i see what you mean, but it would probably just be the Cupra bumpers put on it and a few engine tweaks.

ror100, thats the thing the audi would be on finance, with my ibiza as part ex, sp havent really go t the money for it yet and i couldnt afford the insurance for one yet.

Im not going to lower the 1.2 now, im now looking for a good FR Diesal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cant blame ya mate, im looking at one for my next car ;-) Good taste there :p

Insurance is going to be the killer.... and i would buy a Brand Spanker of an FR, hehe.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Id love to get another brand spanker agen, but just aint got the reddies for that, might ask the boss for a cash option on a company car though. then i could get a new one, insurance for me wernt that bad.

1300 and 19yrs old i have a claim

·
Registered
653 Posts
1300 aint too bad like, i've been quoted 1000 on mst cupra 's in Leon form. im doing the same kinda move, moving to diesel, im looking at 130PD Mk4's, couldnt afford a FR version bit out my price range so.

Diesel may not have the power sometimes(respectively) but it can be made very strong and the engines are alot better, and you can cruise about and get more mpg hamering a diesel than best taking it very very steady in petrol model's!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.