SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been using the Autoglym range for a few years now as I find it easy to use and quite effective.

My problem is that I rarely see other people using it and it hardly ever gets a mention in forums, this has rang the alarm bell for me.

Is this a good product or should I be looking at a different range or a mixture of products from various manufacturers?

I want to do my best to keep the car in good nick so any help is welcome

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm also an Autoglym fan, have been using many of their products for over 10 years.
I'm not into spending hours cleaning and polishing (rather be driving!) so like you I find them easy and effective, if perhaps a tad expensive. However, having seen the pics posted by Finer Details elsewhere in the forum, hmm may have to give them a ring!

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Basically, you get what you pay for. Out of the main stream brands that you'll find in Halfrauds and most other motor factors, Autoglym is one of the best and does a very good job for a reasonable price. If, like most of us, you just like to keep your car looking clean and like a bit of wax protection on the paintwork, you won't go far wrong with the stuff. If won't be as good as the £20 wax products sold from places like Polished Bliss, but then it costs half as much, if not less. Autoglym tends not to get mentioned too much, as it is used by 'average joe', whereas the products like Poorboys, Menzerna, Blackfire etc. are what get used by the pro detailers and the enthusiasts who enjoy spending hours on end polishing and waxing. If like me and most others you want to spend two hours at the weekend cleaning your car rather than two days, Autoglym does the job just fine ;)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
They are good but there is better....I used to use autoglym but have now moved onto Menzerna, Blackfire and you can really tell the difference :D but it is quite expensive

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ag prodcust are good, and there are certan aspects of the range I still use. But as mentioned there are far better off the shelf products available.

If you are use to using Ag SRP, then try the Meguiars NXT wax, its a single stage polymer based wax, and very very good. if you realluy want to step forward, then move the the more popular and targeted Detailing product ranages.

Once there it becomes personal taste IMHO. Some items from certain ranges are better than others but you wont go wrong.

For your car I would suggest:

A paint cleanser
A polish or glaze
and a good wax

DP do a good range and its very under valued, very very good stuff. Poorboys, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Blackfire, Menzerna, the list goes on.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
I used to use AG but have moved on to better (and more expensive) products.

That is not to say that AG is no good. The Super Resin polish contains some fine fillers to hide small paintwork problems and is a good all rounder and their Extra Gloss Protection is a rock hard wax product.

Many enthusiasts and experts alike commend AG products - some are better than others. I personally like their Tar remover as it is very easy to use.

Personal choice mate - I now use the Jeffs Werskstatt range which I find does better justice to the colour car that I have, topped off with a sealant and / or wax.

·
Registered
50 Posts
used the AG range for years, does exactly what it says on the tin, only thing i found was that some of the products such as the extra gloss protection were very hard to remove, but the whole effort was well worth the results.

i have moved onto a lot of meguiers (sp) products, which also in turn are very good, and another one is 'mothers' but is not as widely available in this country,

·
Registered
194 Posts
i find the poorboys stuff easier to use than the likes of mer or autoglym and theres not a massive difference in the price... with autoglym no matter how much i went over the car with a microfibre white residue would appear on the paintwork a few days later, plus autoglym bottles burst in the boot in a box and poorboys smells great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts