SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The infotainment system keeps switching off and restarting. This happens intermittently but yesterday it went off 6 times during an 8 mile trip. It has been into the local dealer 3 times since August and they say they are waiting for Seat to update the software. I cannot be the only one with this issue surel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue, its been back the dealer once and and has now got worse. its due to go into the dealer next Thursday but I don't have much hope as Seat themselves couldn't tell me if they have the fix, unbelievable for this to happen and they cant fix the problem on a car that's less than 18 months old, there must come a time when software updates just cant fix it and they have to do something with the system itself!
I'm sure there are many others like us with the same problem with cars that are still under warranty

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for you comments. We have been continuing to log when issues happen Since our car was last in at the dealers on 17 Nov and spoke to them last Tuesday. Since 17 Nov we have had some journeys where we’ve had no issues but others when the infotainment has switched itself off and restarted again more than once and sometimes it Switches itself off again pretty much as soon as it has just restarted. As suggested by SEAT my wife has taken a few videos of this happening and we have now forwarded some of these onto the dealer as well. When I last spoke to SEAT customer services In November they were hopeful of a factory fix by the new year. However the dealership isn’t quite so optimist and said there could be a problem with software chips and the issue also spreads over VW, Audi,Skoda and a Japanese make I can’t remember. I will look forward to hearing how you get on when yours goes in so please post an update. A close friend also has the same model but although he still has unresolved problems with the SOS system. Other issues we both had, earlier software upgrades have now fixed he hasn’t had our infotainment system switching off problem.
Although SEAT customer services weren’t particularly active in trying to get a fix for us they did speak to our dealer a couple of times. I felt it would have been better if they could have taken it further with Seat themselves and put pressure onto find a fix but I do feel that the more people that contact SEAT customer service to report issues the better, especially if they have the same issue as us. So please consider doing this if you haven’t already done so.
good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many thanks, I have contacted customer services at least 4 occasions who in return contacted the dealer, to be honest I didn't get any level of confidence from customer services for a permanent fix, they said it was a Seat Technical issue a Seat department they didn't have direct access to and pretty much pushed the issue back to the dealer!
Its case of fingers crossed they resolve the issue with a Firmware update, if it is a software issue, they sold in excess of 240k Leon's between 2019 & 2020 which would lend itself to say all cars with the same Infotainment systems as ours during this period will have the same issue, I personally feel it may be a hardware issue but i'm no expert and it appears neither are Seat.
I'll keep the forum updated after my next visit to the dealer later next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven’t had a problem since the middle of December, all seems to have sorted itself out since the day the system shut down multiple times, hopefully it won’t happen again!
Seat have placed me on the priority list when they receive the latest software update

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leon FR Hydrud (lease car)
New to the forum but still have ongoing issues with infotainment system. I cannot store either work or home address as every time the engine is turned off and the car is locked these are wiped from the memory even when I am primary user with shared services.
When primary user is logged in the speakers crackle intermittently and the car randomly tries to dial SOS.
I have been told by my local dealer this is a common problem and software update is required but this is not available as Seat have not fixed this yet.
I’ve been recommended by the dealer not to use any of the inbuilt satnav systems and to use CarPlay on my iphone - apparently this is the way forward.
This is a shocking response.
Anyone else getting this and has anyone else got a resolution yet?
Seat connect has run out and only available on 12mm nth subscription but car is on short term lease - 6months via my company car provider. i’m not paying 12 month subscription if I only get the car for another three months.
These issues have seriously made me reconsider paying for your lease on any vehicle from the VAG group.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leon FR Hydrud (lease car)
New to the forum but still have ongoing issues with infotainment system. I cannot store either work or home address as every time the engine is turned off and the car is locked these are wiped from the memory even when I am primary user with shared services.
When primary user is logged in the speakers crackle intermittently and the car randomly tries to dial SOS.
I have been told by my local dealer this is a common problem and software update is required but this is not available as Seat have not fixed this yet.
I’ve been recommended by the dealer not to use any of the inbuilt satnav systems and to use CarPlay on my iphone - apparently this is the way forward.
This is a shocking response.
Anyone else getting this and has anyone else got a resolution yet?
Seat connect has run out and only available on 12mm nth subscription but car is on short term lease - 6months via my company car provider. i’m not paying 12 month subscription if I only get the car for another three months.
These issues have seriously made me reconsider paying for your lease on any vehicle from the VAG group.
Hi, I have the same issue where there is loud pop or crackle from the infotainment speaker and the yellow SOS warning light comes on and stays in. It eventually resets itself after switching the car off for 30 minutes or so. The map also goes bizerk at the same time with the map image moving around and cannot detect it's location. It also affects the map in Android Auto. I am extremely disappointed with vehicle for this reason and after previously owning Hyundai's, I never had an ounce of trouble so I'm regretting switching brand to SEAT. It's been back to the dealership (Vindis at Milton Keynes) where they did a software update but hasn't fixed anything and they really do not seem interested. It's strange but the problem always happens on the M25 at junction 22!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts