SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of throwing some cash at this car as the bodywork and interior are excellent. I'm just getting a bit frustrated by the power, its nippy at best but I want more!!

I've been told a 1.8T will go in nicely but what sort of money does that cost?

Will I then need to upgrade brakes?

Should I be turning my attention to a new car completely?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Basically, if you want the challenge, want to learn about the car, the engine and its mechanics, then do an engine swap to the 1.8T. If you do it all yourself you'll learn a lot and have the pride of driving something you've built. But it just isn't worth it from a financial point fo view, as Si says, better to buy the car with that engine in in the first place. It will cost a lot to get all the bit together to do the swap, and trying to insure a mainstream car after an engine swap can be dificult and expensive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
alanjonesbath;779206 said:
Basically, if you want the challenge, want to learn about the car, the engine and its mechanics, then do an engine swap to the 1.8T. If you do it all yourself you'll learn a lot and have the pride of driving something you've built. But it just isn't worth it from a financial point fo view, as Si says, better to buy the car with that engine in in the first place. It will cost a lot to get all the bit together to do the swap, and trying to insure a mainstream car after an engine swap can be dificult and expensive.
wise words ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts