SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought of something to add to the site last night. Now I know that I, and probably most of us, are always asking Ben for parts/prices...

Problem is that I had asked him about loads of stuff on the last forum and I lost it in my PM's. Maybe we shoul dhave a section on the main site which just lists part numbers and prices for various models?

Then anyone that wants the price of a part has somewhere to go instead of asking Ben the same thing over again. I keep him busy enough as it is... ;)

Only updates should go up every so often rather than as the part is asked for, just to try and hide what I'm up to... hehehehe

Pete

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
im already working on that, well kinda ;)

i was gonna list accessories for the cars on the main site, just things like mats, grilles and so on

if i can get pics i'll also post them up next to the part number.

waddya reckon ???

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah but like the other day I asked for dash part prices and the price of a Leon bonnet. Those could just be stuck in a long list of parts. It just needs a description, the part number, and the price. Then this can grow as you get part requests. If we had it in some sort of database then it wouldn't be much work for you and it could be sorted by the database etc...

I think accessories should be separate to this though.

Pete

G

·
What about like what cough did where we put a request thing at the top of Ben's section and then they give him the details that he needs to make it easier?

Just an idea, I am looking at this for Discounts so that I can get an ideas what people want?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
sounds like a good idea to me si ;) anything to make my life easier :D :D

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah but what I mean is someone asks ben for a part price. And as well as replying to the request it gets banged in the DB as well. Once set up it should only take a minute but would eventually mean we have a massive parts DB..

It was just a thought..

Pete

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
that's a good idea aswell mate :)

if we had a section for each model and then u could go into that section and find part no's prices for parts that have already been looked for.
only prob here would b updating prices and part no's coz they do change so would need 2 keep an eye on that aswell, but it's not impossible :)

G

·
Seems a really good idea does that, a running list of favourite parts etc etc, but as Ben has said, it would need a lot of updating!

Ben If I do you an announcement what details would make it easier for you and I will do it?

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And by the time I've finished asking you for all these part numbers, you'll be able to download the database, go to your local dealer with a list of parts and then assemble a brand new Leon in your garage.... hahahahaha

Pete

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
it all depends on what people want.

for most parts i don't need any info just model and year, but some parts i could do with chassis, engine and reg date.

it also depends on what people r willing to post up aswell, some people won't wanna post there reg, chassis etc over the web.

G

·
So what about if we posted all the info that you needed and said that if people are not happy posting that they send that format in email to you and others can post?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Excellent idea Pete.

I know exactly what you mean with the list.
I think if we can get pictures too it would be better - even just a really small picture, or a link to a picture on the list would be good - so people are sure it's the right bit.

You're right about accessories - they should be separate, but in a similar format??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.