SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well get woke up by next door to be told 'someones had a go at your van' to find this

had my sat nav which was under a the seat stolen :rant: , Man is coming to fix it in the next hour

·
Registered
793 Posts
Gutted for you mate. They must have either known it was there, or just taken pot luck you'd have one in the van.

I must admit I tend to bring mine in the house now when not in use, but thats because my docking mount is stuck to the dash because of the GPS aerial so its obvious I got Sat Nav.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate...there's a few unlucky ones in the last few days isn't there....

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
even if you take it in the house its best to take out the mount and also wipe away the suction marks! Thieves look for the suction marks and might break in anyway just cause they think you've left it in the car....

gutted for u mate

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.
I take everything out of my car...even though I park it in the garage...lol...call me over cautious.
The theft of these Sat Nav. systems is on an alarmingly high increase.
Once stolen it's almost impossible for the Police to be able to do much.
They are popular targets for Druggies and Pikeys.... IMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whats even worse is if they get your house keys as well 9/10 people have their address set as the home destination so now they have your keys and it's open season and I'd beet the home insurance co would use that as an excuse not to pay out

·
Registered
45 Posts
IIRC some home insurance policies cover loss/theft of keys now as it's a known issue. Norwich Union is one of them.

Scary really....makes you feel potentially unsafe at any time.

·
Registered
793 Posts
AndyP;783437 said:
even if you take it in the house its best to take out the mount and also wipe away the suction marks! Thieves look for the suction marks and might break in anyway just cause they think you've left it in the car....

gutted for u mate
I wish I could remove it but as I had GPS signal problems with TomTom unit itsself, I bought an external GPS aerial (made for those cars with funny types windscreens). This made the unit base mount; not the arm/suction part; (see here - the round bit) a bit more 'stuck' in the car because of its fixed cabling etc. So instead of having the mount on the suction thing all the while (which i hate) I stuck the base mount to the dashboard. Hence why I take the TomTom its self out when not in use.

Granted it would still be gutting if they got in the car looking.

Davy Lambretta- you have a point on the 'Home' thing. I've heard people putting Police stations etc as 'Home' to be safe. I have to admit that I am not one of them yet although I think I will be now.

Rob_fr did you get your van fixed? Apart from window and them having the sat nav did they get anything else?

·
Registered
127 Posts
What a shower of s**t
It's not just the fact they got your 21st pressy(bad enough) but its all the p**ssing about you have to do to get things sorted after
I know we all like a bargain, but if everyone stopped buying cheap gear "off a bloke in the pub" the little pikeys wouldn't nick it (cos they can't shift it on), but it aint an ideal world
Sorry for you mate

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
thats b*llocks mate, can you claim it back on your company insurance?

yours road is quite a random road to go up as well :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts