SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it today yippe :) 10 disc mp3
only 1 prob bloody thing dont work :(, well it did twice but after that the head unit got confused and it stoped working.

i have got the adaptor from soundlinx , had to connect it behind the head unit ? i think the problem is with this as the changer works in a friends car and the problem is keeps coming and going away.

Any ideas? Dont they do an adaptor that will connect from the connection allready in the boot ?

Thanks
Simon

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I've never used these convertors so I can't help much I'm affraid. It does sound like a fault with the converotr though, maybe it's faulty. Since the changer is working fine I would suggest you try and get a replacement convertor.

Pete

·
Registered
555 Posts
Those interface convertors are quite complex!:( I was just wandering if maybe its something to do with the mp3 functionality of the changer???

Are you using normal CD's??

I've seen it before when a manufacturer releases a new auto changer and adds in a couple of new commands this can confuse the *** out of the interface adaptor...

Just a thought!

m

·
Registered
555 Posts
doh just looked at me comapny website and apparently I'm a hardware and software engineer.. so I shot meself in the foot..:(

PIC tastic..

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by matt1e
Those interface convertors are quite complex!:( I was just wandering if maybe its something to do with the mp3 functionality of the changer???

Are you using normal CD's??

I've seen it before when a manufacturer releases a new auto changer and adds in a couple of new commands this can confuse the *** out of the interface adaptor...

Just a thought!

m
Its was playing a normal cd the time it worked, then went to try it again later and it just come up with the error "changer" some communication fault :(
The Convertor number was SEA01KEN and was connected behing the head unit in place of the other connector :(
Im going to et hold of the other adaptor they do SEA02KEN looks like it has the same connection as the one in the boot some hopefully that will fix it :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got Seat to test a Seat changer in there and it worked fine, couldnt find any other adaptors for it so i gave up with it :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.