SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone watched this?

Watched the one with the lamb last night - found it pretty disturbing to be honest, I don't eat lamb to begin with but I feel that would put anyone off.

For anyone who didn't see it, you get to see the lamb happily in the field, then strolling into the abatoir, next thing you see it getting stunned (It isn't dead...) till it collapses.

After that its hung upside down, throat cut then basically has its skin/wool pulled off and its head chopped off.

When its hung upside down with no head, the legs and arms start kicking, something to do with its nerves, oh dear.

Later on you see its insides getting cut out, and its *** getting cut out too - that gets bagged up for contamination or something.

Moving on you see its 'good bits' getting cut off then fried and served to the spectators.

Yum yum eh?

Glad I didn't watch the one with the cow, think that would put me off to be honest.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can't believe I forgot to SKY+ this, do you know if it was the last in the series?

Nothing could put me off TBH, if you eat meat and aren't aware of certain amount of cruelty that goes into putting it on your plate then I can see it could be off putting - in reality I think every meat eater knows what goes on but just choose not to think about it. Maybe it will turn a few people veggie?
Just the thought of a nice steak makes my mouth water...

·
Registered
644 Posts
I didnt see the beginning, but saw towards the end of it last night. That big guy wouldnt touch it once it had been cooked. Saw the crown jewels getting deep fried and eaten- im not so sure about that!!lol..

I really couldnt do without my meat. Love lamb, roast beef, venision etc.. but ive never actually watched a whole episode of this programme yet..lol.

Will try and remember to watch it when its on next..

540 Posts
:blush: I became vegetarian at 12 after I went and fed lambs at a local farm and then made roast lamb for tea. I went to an abbatoir at 14, and at school once we were shown a video about the fur industry for a moral issue workshop. I can understand people eat meat and can appreciate it, I just dont like it. Dont think I could watch it on that description !!! :aham:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I watched both the Cow and the Lamb.., looked very much the same operation but alot more blood and leg twitching.. Sick watchin them cut the heads off with the legs still moving.. Didn't stop me eating mince the next day tho..

Did they do a chicken one?

G

·
The twitching isnt them alive though as the vet already said from the Govt, they are already dead ... funny how people eat it every day and then just because there is a programme suddenly we have a world of veggies lol ... like it hasnt been going on for about 1000 years ;)

It wont be long on telly before they will be cooking a person and it will prolly be on Channel 4!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
S1BDN;779681 said:
Yeah I forgot its made out of a cows **** :laugh8kb:
i learnt something last night about maccy d's from a mate who works there, if u ever eat a mcdonalds in your car you always get that distinctive smell that kasts for a few days, turns out its vegetable oil used to cook it.
another useless bit of information for ya all lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.