SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests I am confused! I've read posts about water leaks (Leons) around the doors & sills, removing the door cards then using silicone to cure the problem. Where is the water getting in :baffled5wh:. Where exactly would I use the sealant? Would using the sealant prevent the water entering the car/door or would it just cause it to build up:confused1bb: please help.

G

·
THe only way to cure it properly ( assuming it's water coming in from under the door cards ) is to unbolt the inner door skin, put sealant under it and bolt it back in. But that involves window glass and door lock malarky.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely coming in from the door area coz when I open the door after it's been raining there's a pool of water on the sill :eek4wd: .I'll have a crack at doing what you suggested in the next couple of days - should be fun :biggrin9gp: . Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i done mine the cheats way by loosening all but 2 from the top then got bits of wood to pull out at bottom then hold it open,scrape of old stuff then dry with towel,reseal it all then screw back together,that was many months ago and with the weather we,ve had i aint seen a drop come in yet

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rabm;779472 said:
i done mine the cheats way by loosening all but 2 from the top then got bits of wood to pull out at bottom then hold it open,scrape of old stuff then dry with towel,reseal it all then screw back together,that was many months ago and with the weather we,ve had i aint seen a drop come in yet
Sorted:yes4lo: :biggrin9gp: . I used the above method several days ago and not a drop of water has been found inside the car. Happy as a pig in sh*t :biggrin9gp: :biggrin9gp: :biggrin9gp:. Thanks all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts