SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from the obvious being 110BHP and 130BHP? but are there any other differences in the 2 cars? does the 130 have better things such as suspension, interior, features and so on?

I want a 130 TDI but cant afford one i dont think but i have seen a few 110 TDI's i can afford with a reasonable mileage for the year, 2001 with 64k on the clock.

I was thinking of buying a 110 and saving a bit of money then getting it Remapped for £500 i think i seen someone say on this site somewhere? what would it get remapped to also? Ide save some money doing it this way.

Whats your views

:D

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
The 130's get remapped to about 170bhp, so I'd guess you'll be looking at between 140 and 150bhp for the 110 once remapped.

As for the spec, that varies depending on the year and model, not engine size. For example, the 'SE' model will have (roughly) the same spec no matter what engine it has in it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, So for example ive seen a 2001 SE TDI 110 Model it will have roughly the same spec as a 130 and i can remap it to 140 maybe 150 BHP !! One more thing i wanted to know is when you remap the car does it go on the car documents ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well ide obviously tell the insurance company, was just curious as to how it worked. The 6 speed and 5 speed gear box dont bother me and im sure there is no major difference, just want a good economical car with some go compared to the hair dryer i have at the minute lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've got a 110 se and would recommend them to anyone.

It's also remapped at Jabba to 162bhp!!! Don't know how they did it, but i've got a rolling road print out from them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is the Remap totally fine and no problems occur from it? as ide defo want it done :)

This is a steal right.......

2001 Seat Leon TDI SE 110 (Black)

65,000 Miles
Usual extras
2 previous owners
FSH from new
Cam belt just changed
Serviced in Dec 06
MOT till Dec 06

Slight damage to Cills on either side

£4,500 ?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I 've had the remap for about 3 years. and touch wood, there's been no problems!! Just a lot of tyres.. and a lot of smiles!!!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
How bad's the sill damage - fail the MOT bad? - Bear that in mind.

Generally I'd say that if a price is too good to be true, it usually is :(

Also, don't forget that the 1.9 diesels are only economical if you drive them that way - if you drive with your foot planted all the time then they'll drink - my Ibiza certainly did if I drove it hard - and that was a PD130 in a smaller, lighter car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
JoeF2k2;781097 said:
is the Remap totally fine and no problems occur from it? as ide defo want it done :)

This is a steal right.......

2001 Seat Leon TDI SE 110 (Black)

65,000 Miles
Usual extras
2 previous owners
FSH from new
Cam belt just changed
Serviced in Dec 06
MOT till Dec 06

Slight damage to Cills on either side

£4,500 ?
seen that one on ebay.

bit weird how someone has managed to scrape all 4 corners of the cills

i bought my 2002 se tdi with 88k on the clock a few weeks ago, paid £3700 for it with fsh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.