SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My front wipers have stopped working. Well, they try to work but cannot complete a cycle, even if the blades are not on the windscreen.
This happen a couple of months ago but it the problem sorted itself out.

If I turn the wipers on they try to work (and will work if I drag the arm, but as soon as I stop helping they seize again.

I cannot access the linkage to see if it is clogged with poo. Is the cover stuck to the windscreen? If so am reluctanct to mess with it.
Any ideas?? If its the relay then where is it?
Will it be ££££££££?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
markycupra;782084 said:
Hi,
My front wipers have stopped working. Well, they try to work but cannot complete a cycle, even if the blades are not on the windscreen.
This happen a couple of months ago but it the problem sorted itself out.

If I turn the wipers on they try to work (and will work if I drag the arm, but as soon as I stop helping they seize again.

I cannot access the linkage to see if it is clogged with poo. Is the cover stuck to the windscreen? If so am reluctanct to mess with it.
Any ideas?? If its the relay then where is it?
Will it be ££££££££?

Cheers!
Thats what it'll be .... you have to remove a lot of trip from around the winfdow to get at it, very footery but quite easy once you've done in :)

Hardest part is clipping the washer-pipe back on at the end - verry little room for this.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts