SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, simple and quick question, jsut how easy is it to remove the below from the front adn back bumpers and is their a technique to removing/not smashing them ? I've read a few guides but they say jsut remove them...how lol?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I know the side one's are just stuck on with sticky pads. There are also a couple of locating pins on the side strips to make sure they're aligned properly. I'd guess the corner bump strips are a similar arrangement.

I think if you leave the car in the sun or heat the strips slightly with a hairdryer, it'll soften the glue making it easier to peel the strips away. Tar and bug remover is supposed to be good at removing the residues

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so to get them off, front ones at least, is it jsut acase of well...pulling them off???

the side ones i think are glued and my mate seems to think they can be removed or possibly painted on car depending but hes not too sure.off would be easier for all the strips, front, back and sides (sounds like a haircut!)

·
Registered
62 Posts
the front moulding are just hit on and are just plastic lugs holding the moulding to the bumper ive had issues at work of where the lugs on the moulding hold in the bumper breaks and they dont grip ontothe bumper anymore so be carefull but a small flathead screwdriver to prise them off is the only way mate! side strips heat them up and peel them off and rears im not sure but am sure are the same as the front! wil look good sprayed!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats what i thought, the clips prone to break apparently so but at £150 for new ones for everything i think thats a bit excessive for plastic!

Ill have a go getting them front and back ones off and sort the side ones at a later date. mate says he shold be alble to paint them on the car if masked right.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i know but my front bumper aint too bad stone chip wise, few niggles but hopefully this colour coding will give my car its final appearence better overall. Are they jsut simple flathead screwdriver from wheel arch side first to get them off Ian?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts