SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, went looking for a new car on Saturday as I want something more reliable and more economical then my current '99 Renault Megane.

Went into Seat and had a good look over the new Leon 2.0 tdi Reference Sport with the bodykit. It looks really nice and feels really nice inside. Chap was really nice and helpful and it felt really well made.

Then went and had a look at the new Honda Civic - that is an awesome machine, so much more in the way of gadgets then the Leon, and the interior is so much more practical, but I can't get away from the fact that it doesn't look as nice from the outside.

For you lot, what is more important, the looks or the practicality?

I know your going to be slightly biased anyway, but opinions would be welcome.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hiya Ed,

I did same comparison but with Leon FR 2.0TFSi and Civic Type R. I decided whilst I loved some things about the Civic (exterior styling, engine noise etc) I wasn't sure Icould live with being so obvious nor in the case of the type R an engine that all the time has to stay above 5500rpm. Wasn't sure about the split level facia, I'm sure after a while it all makes sense but I seemed a bit lost for displays and controls in it. Also in the case of these 2 versions the Leon was slightly higher specc'd AND offered the options at a cheaper price so I odered the Leon FR. Downer on the FR for me was the interior plastics are a bit cheap looking but at £2500+ cheaper I could let that off.....

enjoy the car hunt fella.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree about the split facia - I didn't test drive either but I did fire up a civic so I could see how the dash looked when 'in action'. Could be confusing but I'm not sure.

Looks wise I definately prefer the Leon. It's a shame they had the new Cupra there becuase now I want that one.

EDIT - the Civic was the 2.2 CDTi

·
Registered
217 Posts
for me its all about the performance drive both and see which is for you low down grunt or high revs both are nice cars if it was my money i would forget them both and get a lcr :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I look for a car I have a good look at the statistics before anything else. How much does it cost per bhp, what the mpg is like and then how practical it is. Its pointless buying a 3door hot hatch if you have a kid and regularly need access to the back seats.

I must admit given the choice, id prefer the Leon over the Civic. But id prefer the Civic over my Ibiza. I think the Civic may cost slightly more to service and more for spares, correct me if im wrong?

Either way the Civic and the Leon are both top quality cars :D so you wont go far wrong...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a Civic, and the split dash is great. Your speed is right in front of you. You hardly have to take your eye of the road. It's one of the thing that are stopping me getting an FR. With the Civic I find it's great inside, great to look at from the front and side and is a really good drive. The back end is a different story, but you have to live with that.
My personal concerns about getting an FR is the plastics inside the car. I would be going from a car that is great inside and not so great outside to a car which looks great outside and not so great inside. If you get my meaning. Also I am worried about the stories concerning the DPF. Also I don't want to be in a situation what happened when I chopped in my old Type R. I knew i made a mistake( A real drivers car, IMO). But don't get me wrong my Civic is a great car in it's own right. And it is very practical and the boot is huge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.