SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a couple of things to say and I hope it gets a more posative response than Pauls last thread that hasnt really been helpful at all even if some of it is true.

Having had a chat with a couple of people about the forum and listened to the posatives rather than the negatives I want to move on and see how things go until June so that we can all see what happens.

Nothing is going to change that much I can tell you, the moderating will remain as it is which is barely anything at all at the moment and people will be asked to help out but no one will be expected to give up anything to do it but just to muck in togther.

What I will say is that the past has to be left behind, if people want to speculate and discuss things behind the scenes then there is nothing that can be done about it and talking about whats going wrong all the time will do nothing, if people see things happening and posative things then they will either put up or shut up its simple as that.

My main intereste will remain to help out where I can and to support those that want to help out and that will be it, I will leave the politics if anyone starts with Leigh however I cant see a lot I just hear lots of rubbish behind my back.

In moving on I think the key things are:

1. Starting threads that get people talking, who cares what it is.
2. Welcoming people
3. Answering questions
4. Looking after the advertisers.
5. Getting deals and Group Buys up

None of these things are really hard work and all I ask is that we all muck in where we can .. 20 mins spent looking at New Posts is all that it will take.

the posatives at the moment are that numbers on the forum have risen a little bit again and that some of the old skool are talking. It can only get better.

I have also gone out of my way and Paul knows this to approach 70 odd persons to personally apologise and ask for help and quite a few have accepted what I have said and want to move on. people make mistakes and move on, I have paid a heavy price and dont need to anymore as I beat myself up enough thanks.

We dont really need moderators we need people who are happy around the forum and thats it and it would be worthwhile us looking for some new or younger people who are not tainted by the past.

At the moment I would like to look at the following or any other ideas that people have:

1. Getting the new splash page up that will look much better than the current one
2. Replacing the hacks that were lost recently
3. Starting to populate the reviews section or pointing people to it as it will get more interest
4. Sorting out the SEO (Dave knows what I mean)
5. Supporting any meets or events as they bring people in
6. Running Group buys and discounts (this is what I am working on)

I thin thats about it folks ....

I am just trying to be posative about what we have got and not going backwards .. I am trying to move forward and ask that you do the same ..if anyone cant do this then please let me know as I dont want to argue or fall out but I would understand if people have issues, I am afraid that I am not relinquishing the site as it stands at the moment.

Thanks for your support and help

Si

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Here Here

Couldn't agree more Si.

I'm getting really bored of last few months hanging over the forum - lets get the place moving properly again!

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
well said Si,,

you know my views on the matter

Long live SF! :D

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Yeah like I've said before I think meets, rolling roads, events and special deals / group buys will start bringing back people :)

A nice splash page also gives a good impression of the site when you first come in which shows a more proffesional forum.

Which hacks are we talking about Si?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all good to see that we have some posatives for once ;)

If anyone has any ideas etc etc then its an open house so feel free to put them up ...

Dave, I will send you the list over because some were removed ;)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Ok heres one of mine :)

Move nearly everything out of the archive into the public forum. There is a lot of information in there that is very useful.

We also dont have things like a ICE section etc anymore which are good for people posting problems with different things?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of the stuff in archive is Admin stuff mate if thats what you mean? The guides and stuff I wanted to put in the Guides section.

We can go back to having sep Techincal Sections but who is going to move the posts back in again? I suppose we could all muck in and take a section and move stuff?

What sections?

Tuning
Exterior
Interior
ICE

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I mean just the public sections, like you say the tech sections mainly. I'll move all the tech stuff across tonight

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I can't see the archive anymore, but if someone can either move the how-tos to where I can see them or change my permissions, i'll start putting the guides into the how-to section whenever I have a free 10 mins

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that would be good Leigh ... I think we need to start ti utilise the guides section as its static and its something else to be picked up on Googlee ... I think it would only mean cutting and pasting most of it ...

Aye whatever you think we need to move across Dave

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another posative is that events have started to pick up again so hold onto that thought ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.