SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to cam, chip and nitrous a 1.4 2000 ibiza. i know that it sounds adventurous but has anybody got any idea where i can start?:confused:

·
Registered
637 Posts
1400s can have bucket loads of work done, including going the whole hog to 1600 or even 1650. you want power ~ you get power.
I'm to do with AT who have aimed at the Lupo & Polo VW market, we're looking at the smaller SEAT engines which thanks to VWs "buy-everything-we-see-policy" means they are basically identical...... :cool:
We've a few cars running here in the UK as some members will already know, we're happy to talk 'til the cows come home, we've even been known to take customers to Germany to see engines being built 9and drink beer too....)
Ho much power do you want and how deep are your pockets?!?

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Want to do as much as possible really, am thinking about a brand new engine transplant after finding out that a merc a-class, lean back engine is only £1600 to buy new!? Thought about 1.6 but dont know what the price is yet. If its too much then i`ll just do what i can with the 1.4. could some one give me a few options and prices if possible?.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
853 Posts
My Advice would be to get an insurance quote for the spec of what you wan't to do and then get a quote for a Cupra and compare.

Cost out the conversion (think about the resale value) including brake upgrades etc and compare that to a similar age Cupra.

TSR do the lot if you're still interested.

Cheers and good luck ;)

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah still interested. Only thought about engine upgrade if it was goin to be a waste of time fittin a cam,chip and nitrous. am also looking at four pot calipers and disc all round.

G

·
I had a long chat with Erik at AAT today and i would suggest the 1.6 Upgrade as something worth looking at and plus Erik is very helpful as well!

·
Registered
853 Posts
You will probably have to replace the hubs as well if you are going for 4 pot kits used on Beezers Cupras- the 1.4 hubs are different to Cupra ones.
Hmm see what I mean?

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep see what you mean. was gonna get cupra lowering springs but the drive shafts were in danger of shearing, so i realise that i may need some cupra transplant stuff.

G

·
Dave, I have just spoken to Charlie at Superspeed who does a discount for us and he will do you a coilover kit for £440 inc VAT and delivery.

BTW I am getting this kit and Marc(BBSparky) already has this on his Mk2 Ibiza!

It will take yours down to - 70 mm.

If you are interested contact Charlie at Superspeed on 0131-316-4200.

http://www.superspeed-carstyling.co.uk

Thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
Originally posted by davepeach
am also looking at four pot calipers and disc all round.
Discs all round? Step this way Sir;)
I am also considering 4 pot callipers dependant on budget, but will certainly have larger discs than standard.

Oh, you will need these if ya want 4pots;)

G

·
Originally posted by F2 Big Stu

Discs all round? Step this way Sir;)
I am also considering 4 pot callipers dependant on budget, but will certainly have larger discs than standard.

Oh, you will need these if ya want 4pots;)
Stu,

Ive got a 256mm-280mm disk conversion in my garage! was on my mk1 golf and fits my beeza so it should fit yours!

Includes grooved disks, caliper's, braided hoses, pads, brackets etc etc

Interested?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Originally posted by Steve

Stu,

Ive got a 256mm-280mm disk conversion in my garage! was on my mk1 golf and fits my beeza so it should fit yours!

Includes grooved disks, caliper's, braided hoses, pads, brackets etc etc

Interested?
Steve,

thanks for the offer m8:), but I like to go for new parts where economically viable, unless the parts in question are castings and are ludicruisly expensive to buy new:(

Plus I have bigger plans, but if that dont go to plan I will happily revert to 280mm discs;)

Stu

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
certainly interested in the coil overs, but will a 70mm drop rub? im running seventeens now and they are cathing the splashguard a bit. thanks for the help. i think that you guys are goin to help make my car rule. as for the 4pots i think that i will have to wait a bit but im still v interested in getting them when finances will allow.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
goody. thinking of changin my alloys ne way coz every one in plymouth seems to have the wheels i have now, doin my head in seeing them every where. so maybe ill go for 16s and coils should look ok. If its ok with you ill have a bit more of a chat about it at trax if youve got the time. it seems all your cars are better than mine so i should be able to get loads of ideas for my car. better bring a notepad eh?

G

·
Did I tell you that I can get you a discount on the Alloys as well?

No worries mate there will be a few Max Muppets at Trax!

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Andy, ive got 17in fox evo 1`s. every one in plymouth has them now. i was told that i was one of the first peoplr to get them in plymouth, from the newly opened ripspeed store. ive now lost count of how may more ive seen!!!!!!

NO PICS COMPUTER IS CRAP.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts