SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,
Some chocolate stabbing fiend at a local trye place has just chewed of all the round lugs inside my wheel nut adaptor!:swear:

Now i cant get any of the locking wheel nuts off!

Anyone know where i can get one from, i originally got it from the guys at RSD as they supplied the wheels and tyres, so if any of them or any guys with bits from them know where they get their locking nuts from or if they have the adaptor- mucho appreciated

Am going to try them tommorrow.

the only thing i can descibe it by is that on the inside of the adaptor it has 3 4mm(approx) lugs running all the way in from the edge.!

Any ideas please guys

·
Registered
306 Posts
Man, I feel for you. typical ape at the garge, ya know what they say, pay peanuts, get monkeys :D

I got them same locking nuts. with them in the box should have been a card with the serial no. for your particular set (as I think each set is different) and the contact details for replacements, you did get this didn't you?

Anyway, I think what you have to do is call them and qoute this number and they will send you a replacement.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh heh, you know when you said you pay peanuts get monkeys well i suppoase i fall in a similar catagory! what card- i presume mine is in a bin somewhere.

Dont suppose you could dig out the name of the maker and their number could you? please;) , pretty please. Its worth a shot giving them a bell.

Either that or its a long *** night getting em off at work, Have spotted that the lugs are just pushed in through the top and then welded on- possibilty of filing of weld, drilling or punching them out and then finding some steel and welding them back in!:rolleyes:

cheers

·
Registered
306 Posts
Will dig it out tomorrow and post the details in here, hope you have some luck.:elo:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Unless you have know the make of the locking wheel nuts and the code of the unique adapter, theres only one thing for it, Start chopping:( . this happened to me with our Alhambra when a certain Seat dealer down the road from Southend over tightend them and it cost us £150 odd to get a garage to get them off.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Originally posted by F2 Big Stu
Unless you have know the make of the locking wheel nuts and the code of the unique adapter, theres only one thing for it, Start chopping:( . this happened to me with our Alhambra when a certain useless Seat dealer down the road from Southend over tighten thjem and it cost us £150 odd to get a garage to get them off.
as Stu said unless you know the code for the key you will not be able to get another one but chopping is a bit harsh

get yourself some sockets slightly smaller than the diameter of the nut, then get a big hammer (mind the wheels now) and knock the socket on to to nut then use the rachet to undo the nut and hey presto

depending on how hard you force the socket on you may need more than one cause sometimes they will not come back out the socket

I have had to do this many a time and works

hope you get them sorted

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Doodle
Help,
Some chocolate stabbing fiend at a local trye place has just chewed of all the round lugs inside my wheel nut adaptor!:swear:

Now i cant get any of the locking wheel nuts off!

Anyone know where i can get one from, i originally got it from the guys at RSD as they supplied the wheels and tyres, so if any of them or any guys with bits from them know where they get their locking nuts from or if they have the adaptor- mucho appreciated

Am going to try them tommorrow.

the only thing i can descibe it by is that on the inside of the adaptor it has 3 4mm(approx) lugs running all the way in from the edge.!

Any ideas please guys
This might help.
Have you seen a product called a universal socket?
Its made up of pins in a socket housing, and these pins are sprung loaded to form around whatever head they're placed over.

If there is anything for them to grip, it "might" work for you, if you can find this product.

I was told wheel thieves like this product as it allows most locking bolts/nuts to be defeated with ease. :(

[edit]
Here's a link I just found >> http://www.gator-grip.com/
[edit]

Good luck

Bill

·
Registered
827 Posts
I had one of them Gator grips, it broke the first tim I used it and homebase would not give me a refund saying I was trying to put too much force thru it

a decent wheeland tye place may have a set of revers thread sockets and providing they have the rifght size and the locking bolts arnt case hardened thgey should do the trick

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Cupra Dave
woah, total case of de ja vou

did Mark not say gator grip?

sorry Bill could not help it :p
LOL
That'l teach me to just scan the thread instead of actually reading all the posts... DUH!

I'll go back to sleep now...
Feel like ****e with the flu.... thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :D

Bill

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys,

Thanx for the info, un4tunately the gator grip was the first thing that sprung in to my head- went straight back to use the one i got there unfortunatly its to small to go over the end of the bolt- will try to get a larger one fro a tool shop later. ( that was the 7-19mm one!)

I cant get to the bolt heads as their quite sunken into the wheel to start chopping! wheres that drill?

Did spot that on the adaptor the number stamped into it. Have spoken to a chap and hopefully there is a set and adaptor in the post tonight:)

Ric- havnt found that number just in case have you mate?;)

Failing everything else I've got access to some Oxy-acetalene at work do you think that'll work?:D

I suppose if it buggers up the wheels its always an excuse to get some new ones!

My only hope is that i dont get stopped a copper as i dont fancy a £2000 fine for dodgy tyres and i dont think that he'll fall for the " I'm an idiot" speach again.

Cheers again lads

1 - 13 of 13 Posts