SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 2000 reg Seat Leon mk1 with 101,000 miles on the clock. It is a 1.6 petrol. I stupidly did not check under the oil cap when I bought the car and I found that there is white gunk under the oil cap, a fair bit. It's black/brown in some places too.

YOU MIGHT NEED TO RIGHT CLICK AND 'OPEN IMAGE IN A NEW TAB' to be able to view these properly:

I have read before that this can just be condensation but on none of the forums has the amount been as much as what I have found.

There is no oil in the Coolant tank, however there are what appears to be copper-coloured metal shavings all over the tank and lid

The car runs very smoothly, does not overheat, cut out and there's no white smoke. I know the previous owner only used to drive about 20 miles each week to and from work for the past 18 months.

If anyone has any advice on what the issue could be, I would be very helpful!

·
Registered
83 Posts
the fact that the previous owner only drove short distances would mean the engine was not getting up to correct temperature , many years ago I had a vw beetle that only did short trips to work and that suffered the same problem but during the weekends i did more miles and it cleared itself , i would suggest a good 100 mile thrash up the m/way making sure the temp gauge comes up to normal and I would think that should clear all the gunk out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts