SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, another tyre question, because I feel we dont get enough of these.

I am looking at Eagel F1 GS-D3 as my friend recommends them, people here do, and my car came with them luckily. I have no problems with them At all, no screeching. After a tyre gash, I need to get a new one.

After a look around on mytyres I noticed the GS-D2 was something like..50p cheaper, whats the difference between D3 and D2.

Also, another friend recommended Michellne PE2, Ive never seen anyone recomend these, but he did and they get a better score on mytyres rating thing

Any thoughts? I have firellis on the back which are the same type of grip, not that it matters however as I am just looking at a front tyre.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I think the GSD2 is an older design, with more individual tread blocks. The GSD3 works so well as there is just one tread block on the entire tyre, so movement is reduced/grip increased.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went with my GS-D3's for front, and put my spear pirelli on the back, and a bi-directional bridgestone on the back as it was the cheapest. When I had the MOT done, my old man took it down when I was at work, and didnt consult me about the tyres as they where bellow the tred limit, I went mental cos they where **** screechy tyres. Lucky I didnt get consulted otherwise I would of had to pay for 2 sets instead of 1 and 1 **** pair. When out sat afternoon once I had tyres done all again, was so nice, being able to grip properly!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts