SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own a mk1 arosa, running 15" street octanes ET38 195/45/15. i wanna put the car on the deck. how low can i go, and do i need to change any drop links etc?
what kit should i get. coilovers etc?

540 Posts
Its all down to preference really. I bought a basic Pi kit that lowered 40mm and it looks pretty low and the front but, doesnt make much difference at the back due to the original suspension height. I went for shocks and springs to see what it would be like to start with and its great handles like a go kart - LunaLupi has coilovers on her Arosa.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
And here she is ;)

Kit depends on how low you want to go and how important ride comfort is to you. In short though:

Springs only - good to drop max 40mm. Softer ride
Springs and shocks kit - can go as low as 60mm. Ride still quite well cushioned
Coilovers - can go silly low (120mm has been done). Harsh ride, you'll feel every pebble.

Once you get over 80-100mm though, you can have problems with the driveshaft rubbing the chassis. You can chop a bit out and weld in a plate if you're confident with a welder, but its something to be aware of.

:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
nice one peeps. what kinna coilovers you sporting? was looking at the FK ones. anyone know how low they go?
i've dropped mine 40mm with just springs. NOT LOW ENOUGH!!! i want the wheels to sit in the arches. not bothered about comfort. lol
i drive a forklift all day. anythings an improvement. hehe!

·
Registered
490 Posts
when i had my mk1 arosa it was dropped 60mm and it looked quite low i had to get the back arches rolled though as the wheels rubbed on every bump in the road it was lowwered on g-max shocks and springs.

here is a pic:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts