SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well tonight some toerag smashed my passenger side m3 mirror off, was nout major, broke bit of plastic at the bottom, easily fixed with a little bit of fibreglass.
but it appears the springs need fixing inside, one if missing so it wont stay on right, so in my attempt to take the mirror glass out to get to the springs, i ended up breaking it :(
so, replacement mirror, how much will this cost, and as they are M3 style mirrors will ti just be a case of getting the mirror glass for a bmw m3 from halfords?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yh i thought that, but preferably i could do with the glass tomoro, the back windows are completly blacked out atm so i rely on the mirrors alot. will probably pop down to halfords during my lunch. ive got the baseplate for the glass off so i can just offer it up to a bmw m3 replacment glass and see if it fits.

·
Registered
178 Posts
What about making the car legal in the first place and de-tinting the windows. Then you'll be able to see out until you get the mirror sorted.

You've had quite a few scrapes recently haven't you. Some serious bad luck.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the rer windows arnt tinted at the mo, there completly blacked out with vinyl as without the rear seats my soundsystem is complelty on display and whilst this car hasnt got an alarm yet, i didnt want people seeing what i have. i have got some limo black tint waiting to go on it, just havnt had the time.
i went to halfords today to buy a replacement, they didnt have anything, there fooking useless in there. so off i went to the bmw dealership as a last resort.... £67 for that little bit of mirror, i dont think so. halford have a set of m3 mirrors atm reduced to 27quid for a pair so im just going to get them, saves me fixing the plastic and the scrape on the drivers side mirror that the nice white van man put there for me, how nice of him.
i havnt had alot of luck really atm with this car, but it is getting there and things are starting to look better, the bmw is being repaired the 2nd of april giving me enough time to work and get some money together. and whislt respraying the wing ive learnt a few more things about bodywork and spaying, and even beter, at college last week my dt teacher told me he wanted to kick me of the course as he couldnt see i would even pass my exams, this week i got my results, 101 out of 120, an A even better the highest mark out of all the peopel who sat the exam, sure showed him :D
tomoro if i decide to pay about 10 quid extra and go for the m3 mirror with indicators, does that mean i can legaly get rid of the original side repeaters and smooth the holes?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers for that mate, thats a lot cheaper than i was expecting it to be, but i think i am just going to buy a new set of mirrors from halfords seeing as they have been knocked down to £27 quid, then once if fixed the old mirrors i can sell them on, bound to be someone wanting them at college. its findign the spring that holds the mirror on the hard part at the mo. had none at college so i tried making one but that didnt really work either.
depending on how much more they are, i think i may get some with the side repeaters built into them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts