SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been lookin at wax pomer and saw a magnex cat back exhaust its a 4x6inch ovel but the dodgy thing is it fits the 8v and 16v any thoughts cause i thought that 2 different engines with 2 different powerbands well 1 is bound not to work well, any thoughts?

G

·
I had one on my old 8v Cupra Sport (back box only).

Sounded good, didn't do much to the power to be honest!

IMO, the 6x4 oval looked a bit daft from some angles.

Oh, the fitment was pathetic by the way. Not what I expected from Magnex.

You pays yer money,you takes yer choices etc.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I guess every car is slightly different then

I have been looking at the Magnex 6x4 for a while and have asked a few people about it and heard nothing but good stories about it

I had been told the full system fits batter than either Scorpion or Supersprint, it is half the price of the Supersprint and not as harsh in sound as the Scorpion, altho I found out at the weekend that Mongoose do a system for the 8v Cupra but I do not know what it is like for sound, fitment or performance

G

·
I should point out that I got one of the very first fitments.
It was literally made to order at the time.

They could well have improved the fit!

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool then maybe i should take a look, ive also looked at mongoose but its like a dtm upswept twin exhaust, a bit old for me plus unless uve a v8 theres no point in twin + when mot comes they stick the sensor up on pipe and double the result so could fail emmisions, i had one on my ax a couple years back, that was a scorpion which i must say was nice and solid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.