SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving car today and then my dvd player and h/u started playing up so i decided to take head unit off as i have a h/u converstion

now when i connect dvd player up it lights up partially but does not work i thought it was the dvd player so i tryed it in another car and it was all fine(wierd)

If i tug on the iso which has all the power cables in the h/u works fine but dvd still doesnt not only that but also when h/u is on my interior light wont go off the way it is ment to when engine is started it stays on intill i either switch it off ur tug power cables which cause h/u to go off!!!

any ideas?????

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
donovan2123;782882 said:
where does the h/u loom go to where does it connect to?? how could i access it to see???? its never given this problem before?
Check the earth wires first, they could have come loose or the earth point could have rusted etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where is the earth wires connected to??? it looks fine if ur talking earth point on iso???? its wiered cause this happend yestoday and i kept playing about and i replaced the fuse and all was fine and then it started playing up again after a while also cd player doesnt seem to save where it was left off so like if im playing track 3 on cd when engine is switch off it goes bk 2 track 1??? i ave switched the yellow and red wire.
Anyways where do i look for earth wire

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iv managed to get the h/u back on which is good but dvd player still not working it lights up like there is power but only 5% lights uponly few button light up very faintly theres 2 fuses on the wiring harness for dvd player but they dont seem to look blown???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.