SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't ever heard of them mate.

Got to be honest - I'm a bit of a TomTom man myself - tried a few and haven't found any that beat it

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I'd say keep your eye out for deals on the bigger names like TomTom, Navman and Garmin. I've seen Garmin ones on offer in Comet for £100 before now, so I'd be getting myself one of those rather than an 'unknown' like the one above. That one says it comes with full UK maps and postcode entry, so I imagine it is a normal sat nav like TomTom et. al., but the quality of the maps makes a big difference, hence why I wouldn't go for that one (certainly without seeing a demo).

·
Registered
949 Posts
I would go for a better name as well. I have a tom tom. I put a review in the review section. Did look at the road angel but was advised to go for tom tom. Which one is better I think is personal choice. I have the safety cameras on the tom tom and also got tom tom traffic on trial both seem quite good.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Same advice from me really, stick to the bigger brands and find the one that's right for you. I'm a Garmin man myself, but thats not to say that Tomtom or Navman may be better for you.

FYI Garmin C510 seems to be going cheap in my local Halfords, think it was about £150 over easter, might be worth a look.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't like navman personally. I find it gives the directions way too early, making it difficult to guage when turns are coming up and the instructions themselves aren't as clear as tomtom. On the plus side the mapping is very clear

·
Registered
333 Posts
The C510 will have camera updates available, you can buy them from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com for £2 a month, I expect the Navman updates will simply be these very same updates.

I use the updates on my Garmin I3 and find them extremely easy to update onto the unit, and if you look hard enough you can find the old updates on some P2P networks, thats if you dont mind the previous months update.

Here's a link for specific Garmin instructions http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-garmin.php

Hope this helps,
Rog

1 - 10 of 10 Posts