SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this last week from halfords (£15)
comes in a 550ml bottle with an applicator pad. This stuff is so much better than anything i have used before. I have had autoglym and turtle wax stuff but the megs product was just a grade above the other two.
Makes the car soooo much shinier and sets up well for a good polish.

anyone else agree that its really good stuff, think it will last me quite a while too :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ive been using this along with megs quik detalier for a wee while now.

Way better than anything I had tried previously, might go for a the clay bar and 3 step megs stuff soon. :D

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Highly recommend the clay bar.I used it a few weeks ago and the car looked gorgeous afterwards,and felt so very smooth.The 3 stage stuff is supposed to be brilliant too.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've heard from a body shop that the gold class is actually abrasive, any truth in this?

Tech wax is the willywillywillywilly though.

·
Registered
358 Posts
lard44 said:
I've used megs gold wax the last couple of times, any idea how the tech wax compares?
The Gold class wax is very good but you get a deeper shine with tech wax in my experience. Gold class lasts a bit longer though.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Gonna try the tech wax when I run out of the Gold Class wax. I do use the tech wax shampoo tho and thats brilliant

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Tech wax contains fillers that hides any imperfections, not really a good thing and washes off quickly. There are FAR superior products out there from the likes of Poorboy's, Clearkote, Optimum, DP, etc. that blow anything from Meguiars away comprehensively. Rich didn't use any Megs stuff on Jim's S3.

I have yet to find anything from Meguiars that impresses me, the 3-step crystal process is one of the poorest I have ever seen - and yes I have tried them all. Get a bottle of Carlack68 for £11 and a bottle of DP spray surface shield or Poorboy's EX-P for around the same and watch it transform your car - about 2 levels above Megs stuff.

NXT, 3-step and Gold Class are division 4 waxes - get some Premier league stuff for around the same money or less.

Carlack68 - http://www.carsparkle.com/index.aspx?prodview=93&page=1&cat=42&lines=10

DP, Poorboy's etc. - http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/exterior-polishes-waxes-sealants-c-21_26.html

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Yeah, they all have their plusses - Serious Performance is free delivery on everything but you have to send a cheque in, Motorgeek gives you free stuff with every order and the others are all just normal online shops, no freebies and pay for delivery. Einszett stuff is quite cheap though and really, really good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
being using tech wax for over a year and its by far the best wax/polish i have ever used best shine easy to use and you dont need alot to make the paint glow,
used in the past turtle wax, autoglym, zymol ect ect none have been as good for shine or as easy to use.
polished the car and others about 15 time and the bottle isnt 3/4 empty yet

anybody who says its crapp knows nothing about car care

it aint crapp other wise it wouldnt be used by MERCEDES AND BMW WORLDWIDE in there factories and showrooms

·
Registered
486 Posts
ive got some NXT wax. Its pretty good but I think there are better products about. Now using Klasse AIO as a base with NXT on top but getting some Poorboys EXP and Optimum Spray wax to use instead.
So will use Klasse AIO, then Poorboy's EXP (2 layers maybe) followed by OCW.

Getting the EXP and OCW as part of an xmas pressie :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
i think a lot of people (not saying anybody in this forum) thinks by polishing a car you slap the stuff on which is why i think people say its not great and hard to come off, but if you damp the applictator pad and use pee sized blobs to apply you will get a great coverage and if using a terry cloth or microfibre cloth it comes of real easy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts