SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should i do to mine next, getting quite fond of it and am wondering what to do to it next....i'd get alloys for it but then i'd have to lower it and apparently they're a pain in th':censored::censored::censored::censored:!!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Best bet would be to search scrap yards/breakers for the 1.7 sporty model. (think its called the sportsline)

They had abit of a body kit, alloys and id imagine uprated brakes and suspension. etc.

I doubt there are many 'new' mods available apart from universal items.

You could try finding a universal sports airfilter and universal sports back box.
You could get a custom made exhaust, they dont give you any real performance gains, but would sound and look better.

As the mk1 was loosely based on a fiat, some fiat parts would fit the mk1 id imagine, alloys, brakes etc possibly.

CHR15 said:
What should i do to mine next, getting quite fond of it and am wondering what to do to it next....i'd get alloys for it but then i'd have to lower it and apparently they're a pain in th':censored::censored::censored::censored:!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just want to get it lowered and on white multispokesto spart with!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You'd be lucky sourcing any lowering kits for the mk1 now id imagine.

The 1.7's suspension is probably a couple of mm lower.

You could also cut the springs! but not recommended lol!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there are lowering springs for my car for the front but i think the rear is struts....how would i go about that!?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
i thought the Mk1's were leaf sprung at the back?!?!

if they are, find an old ford cortina lowering kit - its a set of axle spacers and longer clamps, but double check them for size first before parting with money! as im not sure on the sizes of either. or you can fabricate your own if need be and it would be a far sight cheaper too!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they may well be, i've still got no idea where to start!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
paint looks bad though, how difficult would it be to sort??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get alloys , get springs made for you for the front and the struts on the back i dont have a clue! Get a backbox and a replacement air filter! Im in the process of making some eyelids out of aluminium and getting them anodised black , plus mesh grill.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hello mate you can do a hell of a lot to a mk1 Ibiza and dont let anyone tell you otherwise its just a case of searching Hard for them! What engine size is it? 1.2/1.5/1.7? all performance parts for the 1.2 and 1.5 are the same and you can get everything from induction kits to performance clutches for these cars, the 1.7 sportline however is a different matter, parts are very hard to come by performance or OEM. The Mk1 is a mix of Fiat Uno/Tipo parts so Performance brake pads are the same as a fiat uno (EBC do a wide range!), Oil filter is the same as a Lancia Delta 2.0 16v Integral (you can get performance filters but not much point!) Air filter (standard) is the same used in a Ford Transit! Green Cotton do an Induction kit for a 1.5SXI which you can use on the 1.2i engines, however Ive seen one of these on the car and sadly the filter sits pretty much about 5 inches away from the top of the engine sucking in loads of heat (could replace the filter with an enclosed one with a cold air feed or make a heat sheild for it) You can get an FSE power boost valve and uprated internal fuel tank pumps, Custom made exhaust is the way to go however Supersprint used to make one for the 1.2 and 1.5 (not sure how easy to get hold of now), You can get Twin headlights for both the mk1 and the revised mk1. Lester do a bodykit for the MK1 which I think you can order from Eurocar parts also eyebrows are available for the mk1, If you really want to push the boat out theres a company based in Germany called Cheadle or something along those lines, they do a performance manifold, clutch and loads of other performance parts for the mk1! Lowering springs you can get for the front only, rear suspension is a leaf spring suspension setup so you cant do a great deal Philipmk1 did something with his using two aluminium blocks which he sat somewhere on the shock to lower the ride hight (I think?!?!?) You can probably get a Spac Classic kit made up for the car as they'll make a kit for any type of car. You can also get Front upper strut braces (aftermarket) also if you have a 1.2 check about in some scrap yards as the 1.5SXi and 1.7 Sportline models had lower strut braces as standard. I think Ive covered enough there, all this reminishing is making me want another MK1 again...... :(

Hope this helps

Danny

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Psychotron;639208 said:
Hello mate you can do a hell of a lot to a mk1 Ibiza and dont let anyone tell you otherwise its just a case of searching Hard for them! What engine size is it? 1.2/1.5/1.7? all performance parts for the 1.2 and 1.5 are the same and you can get everything from induction kits to performance clutches for these cars, the 1.7 sportline however is a different matter, parts are very hard to come by performance or OEM. The Mk1 is a mix of Fiat Uno/Tipo parts so Performance brake pads are the same as a fiat uno (EBC do a wide range!), Oil filter is the same as a Lancia Delta 2.0 16v Integral (you can get performance filters but not much point!) Air filter (standard) is the same used in a Ford Transit! Green Cotton do an Induction kit for a 1.5SXI which you can use on the 1.2i engines, however Ive seen one of these on the car and sadly the filter sits pretty much about 5 inches away from the top of the engine sucking in loads of heat (could replace the filter with an enclosed one with a cold air feed or make a heat sheild for it) You can get an FSE power boost valve and uprated internal fuel tank pumps, Custom made exhaust is the way to go however Supersprint used to make one for the 1.2 and 1.5 (not sure how easy to get hold of now), You can get Twin headlights for both the mk1 and the revised mk1. Lester do a bodykit for the MK1 which I think you can order from Eurocar parts also eyebrows are available for the mk1, If you really want to push the boat out theres a company based in Germany called Cheadle or something along those lines, they do a performance manifold, clutch and loads of other performance parts for the mk1! Lowering springs you can get for the front only, rear suspension is a leaf spring suspension setup so you cant do a great deal Philipmk1 did something with his using two aluminium blocks which he sat somewhere on the shock to lower the ride hight (I think?!?!?) You can probably get a Spac Classic kit made up for the car as they'll make a kit for any type of car. You can also get Front upper strut braces (aftermarket) also if you have a 1.2 check about in some scrap yards as the 1.5SXi and 1.7 Sportline models had lower strut braces as standard. I think Ive covered enough there, all this reminishing is making me want another MK1 again...... :(

Hope this helps

Danny
one of my friends family had a mk1 seat ibiza sportline n allways used to look at it n say to myself i bet thats slow till i saw it pegging it past me on the motorway lol.i never dissed it again lol. :mad:) parts must be scarced for them these days though?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts