SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get my Ibiza I want to get a decent stereo for it, I'm not a fan of the standard tape deck and CD changer arrangement.

I've seen on ************* some mods to the dash, one where the LCD is down in the little cubby hole by the ciggie lighter and another one where the a whole new panel has been made and the stereo sits underneath the LCD.

The latter idea seems cool, but how much work would be needed to make a similar one like that? I like all of that but I would have to have the stereo fitting flush.

Failing all these, I'll just have to admit defeat and buy an MP3 CD Changer and put it in the boot!

Tom

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
It's possible to do it, but it is a lot of work. I've been planning this myself and I've got the front of a 1.4 sport to play around with. It's not a simple job as all the electronics need wires extending and bits moving.

After trax I should be making a start on looking at this properly and also the moulded Ibiza boxes so I'll let you know.

Pete

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it not be a case of getting a plug in loom for a Leon or a MK2 Ibiza from Autoleads and plugging it in or is it harder than that?

Would love to see the result!

Tom

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it because all the controls go through the stereo into the screen?

I wouldve thought that they would all be seperate to the stereo.

G

·
toxxin, this friday im getting an alpine HU fitted in the left hand tray under the sterring wheel, nice flush fit. have you considered this? out of view of theving scum too- im getting a remote control with mine.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'll need to cut out some plastic in order to get it in, I just thought I'd give it a go with a Pioneer sitting about, it wouldnt go in!

Very novel idea, do like it!!!

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts